Singing bowl is considered to be as the instrument that awakens a beautiful and powerful vibes in the surroundings. The sounds release from the singing bowl has rich vibrations that keep individual’s mind peace and calm. The instrument is also used for mediation as it awakens cellular memory and permeates the aura with healing energy. There are number of types and size of singing bowls that are available today. You will come across singing bowls that produce melancholy sounds to keep your mind peace and calm. They are widely used for music, mediation, relaxation, and personal well-being. It is also used by a wide range of professionals, including health professionals, school teachers, musicians and spiritual teachers.
Benefits of Singing Bowl
- Signing Bowl is widely used in the spiritual traditions in religion of Buddhism as well as Hinduism. Nuns, Monks and also lay Buddhists use Signing Bowl in rituals, while performing prayers and also while doing meditation.
- They have the power to keep your mind cool and calm
- To produce a special sound of singing, the bowls are designed in a crucible round shape and are made out of seven different types of metals: gold, silver, tin, zinc, copper, iron and lead
- Singing bowl helps in relieving of stress as well as tension and offer a sense of happiness, peace and social well being. Singing bowls are used in different kinds of therapeutic techniques for healing purpose.
- The sound of singing bowl also helps an individual to clean negative energy and hence creates positive space
- It leaves a positive vibration that makes your life energetic and full of happiness.
Features of Singing Bowl:
- Mostly available in golden colour, round in shape and fairly thick
- Quality of sound is majorly decided by the thickness of the layer of singing bowl
- Vibration and resonance depends on singing bowl depth
- 7 metals are used in the making of singing bowl
- Good singing bowl produces lasting sound