Sitamarhi, the mythological city of Bihar
Introduction of the city
Sitamarhi is a famous mythological town of Bihar. According to Ramayana, the Indian epic, Sitamarhi is the place, where Raja Janaka founded Devi Sita under the soil, while ploughing the field to get a blessing a rain from Lord Indra. From that mythological period, this city becomes a renowned religious and historical site in Bihar. If you look at the geographical scenario of this city, you will notice that Sitamrahi is encircled by the country like Nepal. On the other hand, this famous ancient city shares its border with the places like Champaran, Muzzaffpur, Madhubani, Sheohar and Darbhanga. This beautiful alluvial soil based city falls under the foothills of Himalaya Mountain range. Apart from being an important historical location, this site now plays a positive role in the commercial scenario of Bihar through its large scale of cultivation of Rabi crops. Nowadays, Timer, oilseeds and hides becomes an important factor behind improving the financial scenario of this city.
Places of Interest
- Janaki temple- This ancient mythological temple is located 1.5 km away from the Sitamarhi town. Inside this beautiful temple, travellers will come across the beautiful idols of Lord Rama with her consort of Devi Sita and Laxmana. If you visit in the pious occasion of Navratri and Ram Navami, will find a large crowed to worship these idols.
- Mata vaishno Devi temple-Vaishno Devi temple is one of the mostly visited shrines in Sitamarhi. This beautiful temple is dedicated to praise Goddess Vaishno Devi, an incarnation of Goddess Durga.
- Panth pakar- This tourist spot is located 8km away from the Sitamarhi town. In this beautiful site travellers will see an age old banyan tree that links up the marriage of the Devi Sita. According to local residential, under this banyan tree Devi Sita has spent some time, while going to Ayodhya after her marriage with Lord Rama.
- Haleswar Stan- This is a mythological place located 3km North West from the Sitamarhi town. The specialty of this ancient site is that, King Janaka has found Devi Sita while ploughing land for rain. Nowadays, when you come to this site, will notice a beautiful temple of Lord Shiva., which is believed to be the first founded Shiv Linga of the Mithila state. Inside this ancient temple travellers will find 7000 years old stone based manuscripts. This pious site is famous for arranging a special shavan mela in the month of July-August.
- Rajopatti mosque-Rajoppati mosque is one of the ancient Muslim shrines. The followers of Muslim religions come to visit this beautiful mosque to pray here.
- Ram Vilas mandir- This beautiful temple is dedicated to worship the eternal couple Lord Rama and Sita with brother Laxman. Inside this temple, travelers will come across the beautiful idols of Lord Rama, his consort Sita and brother Laxman. In the occasions of Navaratri and Ram Navami, this place is thronged with thousands of pilgrims.
Fancy products- as this city is closely located to Nepal, so when you come to explore this place, will find numerous shops to sell various attractive Chinese fancy products. You may buy them as a gift item.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.