Shillong- The adobe of sizzling nature
Overview- Knowing the hill station of Shillong
Shillong is located on the beautiful Shillong plateau area. Being located amidst the amazing hiss of the north eastern India, this city becomes an adobe for the nature lovers pertaining to its exotic scenario. For its extensive plateau based pasture areas, this city is often compared with the beauty of Scotland. The meadows, clear sky and a cozy weather, always make this city to a perfect travelling destination for the nature lovers. When you travel to this beautiful capital city of the Meghalaya, you will feel a close touch of paradise due to its emerald green trees, crystal like rivers. Shillong is considered as the domicile of the Khasi tribes in India. At first, this city was familiar as the capital of the undivided Assam, but soon after the partition of Assam in the year 1972, in Meghalaya and Assam, this city falls under the administrative control of Meghalaya.
Attractions of Shillong- Places of visit
- Elephant Falls- A major attraction of Shillong. The falling of the crystal white water from the green hill gives a special look to this falls. Apart from watching its amazing beauty, nature lovers prefer this falls area as an interesting site for picnic.
- Lady Hydari park- A beautiful park located near this city. This park is hailed its name from the name of Lady Hydari, who was the wife of Assam's former Governor. The specialty of the park is all about its amazing collections of orchid plants and numerous flower plants. While taking a trip into this beautiful park, you will come to see a mini deer park inside it that is spread up to one kilometer. For its open and beautiful background, this place is considered as one of the attractive picnic spot for the travelers.
- Shillong Peak- If you feel that the parks and waterfalls are not enough for you to explore this city of Meghalaya state, and then pay a visit to the highest peak of the Shillong, here you will find the fascinating beauty of the entire Shillong. The nocturnal view of Shillong from this peak is always especial moment for the travelers.
- Butterfly Museum- this is one of the most fascinating place in Shillong. By travelling here, you will come to see wonderful collections of rare species of butterflies. This is an interesting place for the zoology students to explore the colorful varieties of these butterflies.
- Golf Course-If you possess a hobby of playing golf, then you can try Shillong’s 5200 mtr spread golf course. The specialty of this golf course is that, it is the first golf course in India, which has 18 holes.
Shopping from Shillong
Handcrafts- This city is noted for its open market areas. While travelling this city, do not forget to collect a beautiful custom bamboo handmade craft works. Apart from this bamboo handcrafts, you can include some beautiful woolen winter wraps from here. To buy all these genuine traditional handcrafts, you can refer to Meghalaya Govt’s handcraft showroom.
Pickles- You may have tried various pickles in your life, but the unique taste of Shillong’s Bamboo shoot pickle is a new variety of pickle that you can take your home.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.