Sandakfu, a salacious site for trekking
Introduction of the city
Among other hill stations of India, Darjeeling is known as the queen of the all hill stations. The exotic surroundings of this state of west Bengal make this place into more than a hill station. While exploring this northern state of West Bengal, then you will come across the highest peak of this state which is popularly known as Sandakfu. This highest peak belongs to the Singalila range. Apart from offering the breathtaking view of the Kanchanjangha, this site is known as an attractive point for the trekking experts. Whether it is a reputed person or a common man, everyone at least wish to explore this site once in their life time.
Attractions of this site- Sandakfu
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute- as this site is a popular place for the travelers from a long time and this site used to be the residing place of Tensing Norgay, so to remember the brave act of trekking the highest peak of Himalaya, this place was founded. By traveling inside this institute –cum – museum, you will come to know about the trekking process alongside watching the collections of mountaineering equipments.
- Himalayan Zoo- this open zoo is known for its wide collections. The local Government of Darjeeling has carefully maintained this zoo for making it more eco friendly for these wild life creatures.
- Japanese Peace pagoda- While exploring Sandakfu, do not miss the chance to observe this beautiful pagoda. The pin drop silence of this pagoda will heal the uncomfortable feelings of your inner self.
- Tiger Hill- An amazing place to view at the morning. When the sparkling light of the Sun during the sunrise touch the snow covered peaks of this mountain, you will feel that God has poured all the examples of eternal beauty together. This is a must to visit site in Darjeeling.
- Rock Garden- This garden is known for a beautiful waterfall. The combination of colorful flowers and eye comforting landscapes make this into a paradise for the travelers.
- Trekking at Sandakfu- This can be described as the primary attraction for traveling Sandakfu. Here you will get a wide experience of trekking, that no other place can provide you. For this variety in trekking experiences, travelers from different locations come to explore the peaks like Kanchanjangha, Falut and other major peaks located nearby these sites. To explore these peaks, you can book the local guides and trekking experts for making your adventures more smooth and trouble free.
- Mirik Lake-This is one of the major lakes located nearby this city. The amazing surroundings and calm blue water of the lake is the main attraction after traveling this site.
Shopping in Sandakfu
Woolen outfits- as cold weather occupies this site for maximum time, so while you travel here. You will come across the wide collections of various handmade woolen products. For shopping these products, you can go to the nearby Mall area.
Tea- Sandakfu is a reputed place for plantation of tea plants. So while traveling here you will get the chemical free tea in packed form.
Tibetan art- as this city is highly enriched with the effects of the Tibetan art, so while traveling to this site make sure to collect any one of these Tibetan art for gifting or decorating your home.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.