Hatkoti, the heart of Himachal Pradesh
Introduction of the city of Hatkoti
Hatkoti is a small city of the state of Himachal Pradesh. This city is located above 1100m above the sea level. This valley city of Himachal Pradesh is located near the riverbank of Pabbar River. This City is known for having beautiful stone-carved temples. Each of the temples located over here is known for their unique architecture. Apart from these stone temples, the fascinating background of this city gives a special feel to your eyes. According to historians, these temples are dated back to Gupta period; the time span of this city may range from the 6th to 9th century period. According to Indian mythology, this place of pilgrims, witnesses the famous battle that took place between Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. On the other hand it is also believed that this site used to be the residing place of Pandava brothers of Mahabharata.
Interesting locations in Hatkoti
- Chirgaon-This site is known for the ancient temples and ponds, which are considered as the sacred places for the pilgrims. Thick forests and rare types of shrubs surround this forest. Among these forests, you will find Andhra Kund another pious location for pilgrims. Apart from watching the beautiful surroundings and Kund, you can enjoy the activities like skiing and angling activities.
- Hathkeswari Mata Temple-This pious shrine is situated on the bank of the Pabbar River. This temple is dedicated to worship Goddess Durga. Mainly this temple portrays the embodiment of the Goddess Mahishasuramardini. The Shikara style architecture of this temple makes this pilgrimage place into an attractive location for the tourist. Inside this temple, you will find a small temple of the Lord Shiva, where Shiva is worshipped in form of Linga.
- Giri Ganga-This ancient temple is located on the bank of the Giri Ganga River. According to the mythological belief, this temple is dated back from the period of Mahabharata. It is said that the renowned scholar Veda Vyasa founded this temple. Apart from offering a puja in this temple, you can also spend some peaceful moment by enjoying the astounding surroundings of this place. Here you can also enjoy the adventurous activities like trekking and hiking.
- Sunpuri hills- Sunpuri hill, which is located on the lap of the Hatkoti valley area, is considered as the most sacred site for the locals. Here, you will find a beautiful temple of eight handed Goddess Mahishasuramardini. The brilliant cut of this stone made temple is believed to be founded by the Pandavas in mythological period, this temple used to be known as the toy house for Pandavas.
- Khara Pathar-This oval shaped gigantic boulder is one of the major attractions of this valley city. This pathar is surrounded by the lush green apple orchards. Apart from this, it is a reputed place for the trekking lovers. This is also considered as an ideal walking place for the travelers for having a large number of walking trails.
Shopping in Hatkoti
Apple – when you feel to buy some beautiful thing from this city, then you can check out the fresh apples from its nearby apple orchards.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.