Devikulam, the city of sanctuary
An overview of the city of Devikulam
Devikulam is a small resort in hill station that is located in the Idukki borough of Kerala. This hill resort is located 16km away from the city Munnar. This city is considered as one of the most beautiful sites in Kerala. This beautiful hill resort is located 1800 km high above the sea level. According to experts, this city has coined its name from nearby Hindu mythology related lake. According to various mythological beliefs, it is said that Goddess Sita (consort of Rama), was bathed in this city’s nearby lake. For this reason, this lake is counted as one of the sacred landmarks of this city.
Interesting locations in Devikulam
- Eravikulam National Park-This national park is counted among other major attractions of Devikulam. This wildlife-sheltering park is located 15km away from Munnar. This park falls under the maintenance of Munnar Forest Division of Idduki district. This beautiful 97sq m covered park was founded in 1978 to safeguard Nilgiri Tahr.
Apart from watching the uncommon species like Nilgiri Tahr, here you will find some other wild life creatures like Sambar deer, Malabar civet, Barking deer, Nilgai, Languar, Python along with the rare collections of avian creatures like Imperial pigeon, Grey Jungle Fowl.
- Sita Devi Lake-This Lake is also known as the Devikulam Lake. This is a mostly visited beautiful pious site of this city. Here you will find beautiful surroundings that are populated by rare trees and shrubs .Inside the water of this lake; you will get the rare medicinal properties which are imbibed with healthy minerals. Most of the travelers prefer this body of water as a picnic and angling spot.
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary-This wild life sanctuary was founded in 1984. This 90sq k m covered tourist wild life sanctuary is one of the mostly visited spot. The population of numerous sandalwood trees is the main attraction of this reserve forest. Being located on the rain forest region of Western Ghats part, this site enjoys a wide variety in flora and fauna. While you explore this forest, will come across the wild life animals like elephant, spotted deer, sambar, monkeys, peacocks, grizzled giant squirrel, and star tortoise.
- Mattupetty Lake-This, beautiful lake is located 26km away from Devikulam city. Here you can ride the speedboats that are moved across the lake. The amazing sight of the lake surrounded by hill tops and mountains will treat your eyes.
- Blossom International Park-This fascinating park is located in the Munnar region. You will come across this park, while traveling through the way of Cochin. Inside this mostly visited park, you will find out numerous activities like cycling, boating, roller skating.
- Hill View Park-This Park is known as one of the most remarkable park for housing the herds of wild elephants. This park is situated by covering a large area of the hill. A major part of this park is covered by different species of plants, herbs and flowers. While traveling inside this park, you will come across some beautiful bodies of water, where you can enjoy the activities like pedal boating.
Shopping in Devikulam
Sandalwood- As this city is noted for a dense population of Sandalwood trees, so you can buy any sandalwood made creations from its local shops. You will get these products, in a comparatively low price.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.