Vagamon, the city of meadows,
Few lines about the city of Vagamon
Vagamon is a beautiful sleepy hill city that is located on the Kottaya- Idukki border of the Kerala state. This city is still unaware about the industrial culture. For most of the tourists this city is a preferable summer retreat for its cold weather that ranges from 10 degree to 23 degree centigrade in mid of the summer. Apart from its cold weather, this hill resort is a noted place for the nature lovers. In this city, you will come across the beautiful valleys, green meadows, pine forests, tea estates, and waterfalls. In the larger part of this city, you will find the wide spread lush green meadows. Apart from its natural surroundings, the communal culture of this city will attract your eyes.
Attractions of the city of Vagamon
- Kurisumala-This hill is located 5 km away from the Vagamon city. This hill is recorded as the mostly visited site for the Christians. In this site you will find that Christian pilgrims are carrying small wooden cross on the holy Christian week. While going up to this hill, you will see another temple named Murugan Mala temple, which is founded for worshipping Lord Murugan. While roaming on this hill will find ancient European bungalows, manmade lake, tea estates and thick forests.
- Vagamon Pine Forest-This beautiful pine tree forest is one of the picaresque locations located near this city. The calm surroundings of the pine trees along with a beautiful combination of lush green meadows make this place into an attractive picnic and paragliding spot for the travelers. Often this site is used for picturing different feature films.
- Vagamon Falls- This falls is situated on the beautiful surroundings of Vagamon hills. Pleasant climate and calm surroundings of this falls is its main attractions. A perfect holiday destination for families and couples.
- The Pattumalai Church-This is a beautiful religious site located near the city Vagamon.
- Vagamon Meadows- This abundant green meadow are known as one of the major attraction of this city. This rolling green meadow is a popular place for shooting movie songs.
- Thangal Hill-This site is known as a pious place for the Muslim Pilgrims. While traveling this site, will come across a beautiful cave.
- Mooppanpara- This is a v- shaped canyon. This site is known for its high point from where you can get a farfetched sight of the entire valley. To reach this site, you need to climb few steps.
- Vagamon Lake- A panoramic destination to unleash all your tiredness of life. The amazing combination of this lake amidst the vibrant green meadows and hills make this into a must to see place for the travelers. Pleasant weather is another attraction after exploring this site.
- Pattumalai Church-This church is located in the beautiful and calm surroundings of Pattumalai hill. This church is dedicated to St. Mary, which is also popularly known as the Velankanni Matha for the local people.
- Barren Hills-This hill area is located 10km away from the city. This hill is an ideal location for adventure lovers, where they can indulge after doping the activities like trekking, rock climbing, paragliding, bird watching.
Shopping in Vagamon
Tea – As this city has several tea estates, so you can try buying some good quality chemical free tea for gifting purpose.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.