Tezpur, a beautiful city to feel nature
An overview of the city of Tezpur
Tezpur is situated in the Sonitpur district of Assam. This city is known as the educational, cultural and economical midpoint of Assam. From a long time this city is popular for its rich contribution of art and literature in the history Assam. Travelers prefer this city to explore the amazing surroundings and beautiful temples of this city. According to experts, this city has coined its name from the term Tez which means blood and Pura indicates city of ancient period. This city is located 191 km away from the Guwahati town. Being located on the bank of the River Brahmaputra, this city enjoys a beautiful natural backdrop. For this wonderful mishmash of art and nature makes this city more appealing to its travelers. Apart from this, you can also find different ruins of the ancient periods.
Things to see in Tezpur
- Bura Chapori Wildlife Sanctuary-This safe haven of wildlife animals is placed on the southern tip of the bank of Brahmaputra River. This destination occupies 44.06 sq km. area. This forest-surrounded vicinity is considered as a part of the Laokhowa Brahmaputra eco system. In this riverbank located area, you will hit upon a wide variety in trees, that includes alluvial, grassland, riparian, semi evergreen forests. This flora and fauna based shelter is known for having a large collection of rare species of birds. Apart from this, here you will find civet cat, Asiatic Buffalo, one horned Rhinos, wild boars. The administrative body of this sanctuary arranges a safari tour for the traveler to enjoy the sight of these animals from a close perspective.
- Agnigarh- Agnigarh is known as the mostly travelled spot in Tejpur. This site is noted as one of the attractive site in Tezpur. In ancient times the citadel located here used to be the fort of princess Usha, the daughter of the Demon king Bana. This fort is known for its romantic story that revolves round Princess Usha and Lord Krishna’s nephew Anirudhha. Apart from hearing this love saga, you can find some brilliant painting, garden and sculptures in this castle that is praised by the calm and clean surroundings of Brahmaputra River.
- Nameri National park- This national park is located 35 km away from Tezpur. In this Himalaya footfall located forest you will come to discover a wide range of flora and fauna species. Among these animals the significant ones are elephant, Bengal fox, Assammesse macaque, Jungle cat, and mouse deer. On the other hand the flora collection of this forest includes Bombax Ceiba, sterculiua vilosa, nymphia, Ipomea rattans and more. This site is also a well-liked destinations for enjoying the activities like river rafting, swimming, sunbathing.
- Bhairabi temple- This country side temple of Tezpur is devoted to eulogize Goddess Durga. According to mythology, princess Usha, the daughter of Demon king Bana used to visit this temple for worshipping goddess Durga by crossing many steps to reach before the deity. Today this religious site is under the management and maintenance of the government.
- District museum Tezpur-This archaeological museum of Tezpur was situated in 1986. The collections of traditional Assamese clothes and various ancient materials like silver and copper coins, inscriptions, ancient bricks, sculptures, wooden artifacts make this into an interesting spot for the travelers. By travelling top the compilation house of ancient objects, from where you will get an insight of the historical period of this city.
Shopping in Tezpur
Assammesse clothes and artifacts- While travelling Tezpur, do not miss a chance to collect a mekhla from its nearby shops. Apart from this, you can look for some beautiful wooden sculptures.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.