Thanedar, the city of apple orchards
An overview of the city of Thanedar
Thanedar is a beautiful city located in Himachal Pradesh. This beautiful apple orchard city of Himachal Pradesh is located 7250 ft above the sea level. This city is located 80km away from the Shimla, the mostly visited town of Himachal Pradesh. For its wide range of apple production, this city is also famous as the fruit bowl of Himachal Pradesh. Another appealing factor behind these apple orchards of Thanedar is that, it is the only place in India, where the first cultivation of apple was started. These high quality apples of Thanedar are used for manufacturing wines, jams and pickles. Along with watching these beautifully maintained apple orchards, the surrounding view of the mountain range will treat your eyes.
Destinations to explore in Thanedar
- Arya Samaj mandir-This temple is also famous as the Paramjyoti temple. This shrine is the leading most important attraction of this city. According to historical records, it can be said that, Samuel Stroke designed this temple. The planning of this temple is related with the Pahari architecture style. While you rove inside this pious site, will find numerous inscriptions, which are quoted from Bhagabat Gita and Upanishads. From this peaceful shrine, you will get a mesmerizing view of the lush green apple orchard grounds.
- Tani Jubber lkake- Tani Jubber Lake is noted for its panoramic surroundings. This lake is located 6 km away from this city. Being located between the lush green vegetation of apple orchards and snow-capped mountains, this lake appears as a picaresque destination to the travelers. This lake is closely located to the famous nag Devta temple of Thanedar. Every year in June month, in this location a fair is organized to celebrate an occasion to one of its nearby temple. By going to this fair, travelers can find the brilliant handlooms, handcrafts and jewellery by local crafts man...
- St. Mary’s Church- This ancient church is located near the Thanedar city. This pious site of Thanedar was established in 1843. This Anglican Church was built by following the wooden architecture. Through the wooden architecture of this church, you will find the impressions of the neo classical style. While tr5avelling this church, you will come across the Gorton Mission School near this religious site.
- Dense Forests- If you are a nature lover, and love to hike amidst the dense forest, then you can go and explore the dense forests of Khadrala and Baghi. In this beautiful thick forest, you will find the collections of rare Himalayan plants.
- Wooden palace in Kumarsain- While traveling to Thanedar, do not miss a chance to view the beautiful ancient wooden palace of Kumarsain. In this palace, you will come across the splendor of ancient architecture with a touch of neo classical period. This site is very close to the Thanedar city.
- Apple Orchards- As apple orchards are considered the financial backbone of this city, so when you get out to explore this beautiful Himalayan city, do not forget to watch its nearby green apple orchards, where you will come to feel the aroma of the unsullied apples.
Shopping in Thanedar
- Apple buying-The first thing that you may consider to buy from this city is a box of fresh apples. Apart from buying apples, you can check out these apple made wines, pickles, jelly from local shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.