Thalassery, the city of European architecture
Introduction of the city of Thalassery
Thalassery city is located on the Malabar Coast regions of the Northern part of Kerala. This city coined its name from the Malayalam term Thalassery. This heritage city is known for its rich historical background. This place used to be settlements of the East India Company. When you travel to this city will find numerous evidences related to the ruling period of East India Company. According to historical records, in this site English people introduced the popular game of cricket in 1790. This city is known for binding different religious believes in one thread. For this reason, this site is popularly known as the city of communal harmony.
Places to visit in Thalassery
- Kannur-This city is located 24 km away from Thalassery, which has coined its name from the term Cannanore during the ruling period of East India Company. While traveling this site, you will come across the beautiful Kannur fort. Apart from the fort, this site offers you beautiful beaches, temples of Hindu deities like Lord Shiva. This city can be versatile city which offers its explorers beautiful waterfalls, gardens, wildlife sanctuaries.
- Jagannath Temple-This temple was founded by Sree Narayan Guru. According to various historical evidences this shrine was founded in the medieval period to stop the spreading of the evils of caste system. This open-to-all temple is ornamented by the presence of the huge idol of Lord Shiva.
- Catholic Rosary Church-This ancient church is located near the Thalasery fort of the Kannur district. According to various evidences it is said that this church was established in 16th century. Inside this church, you will come to see beautiful mural paintings. Nowadays this religious site is under the administrative control of Archaeological Survey of India.
- Thalassery Fort-This 18th century East India company constructed fort is located on the rock cliffs of Muzhapilangad beach. According to archaeological experts, there are few secret tunnels are available, that lead to the Arabian Sea. This fort was constructed the latterite blocks. In this fort, you will find the loop holes, which are designed which are supported by the bastions.
The entrance wall of this fort is embellished with beautiful mural paintings. Inside this castle, you will come across a beautiful gallery, which showcases the paintings of burial caves, monuments, forts and other reputed paintings. Nowadays, this fort is under the maintenance service of Archaeological Survey of India.
- Muzhappilangad Beach-This beautiful swimmer’s paradise is located 8km away from this city. Though it is referred as a swimmer’s paradise, but apart from swimming, you can experience amazing experiences like boating, sunbathing in this beach. Inside this 4km length beach, you will find Green Park and Children Park.
- Jama Masjid- The 1000 years old Arabian Sea located beautiful mosque is counted among the most fascinating mosques of Kerala. The Indo Saracen architecture of this mosque makes this mosque into an amazing work of architecture.
- Overburry’s Folly-This recreational park of this city is closely located to the Sports Authority of India. This site is famous as an attractive evening picnic spot for the travelers and local people.
Shopping in Thalassery
Spice- From a long time this city used to known as the spice supply store of the world. When you are looking for buying something special, then buying different types of spices will be the best option for you.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.