Tawang, a beautiful town of Buddhists
Description of the city
Tawang is considered as the most beautiful destination in Arunachal which is originated its name from one of the ancient and biggest Buddhists monasteries in India. This city is located 10,000 ft above the sea level. From a long time this beautiful city of Arunachal Pradesh is a famous place for sheltering the Monpa tribe. Apart from this, it is considered as the birthplace of sixth Dalai Lama. As per the administrative record, this city shares its borderline with Bhutan and Tibet.
Due to its beautiful lakes, mountain views and peaceful monasteries this city has now become as one of the popular traveling destinations. The serene surroundings, along with the peaceful and clean settings are now drawing tourists from different locations to explore this city of India. While traveling this north east city of Arunachal Pradesh, tourists always spend a beautiful time by watching the sunrise and sunset of Kanchanjangha from a close perspective.
Interesting locations in Tawang
- Tawang monastery-This religious site of Buddhists is considered as the largest Buddhist religious adobe in India. This monastery is also popular as the Golden Namngyal Namhaste. This monastery was built in 17th century and it has the capacity to house 600 monks at a time. This religious site of the Buddhists is known for its wonderful Tibetan architecture and its 8 meter tall relic of Lord Buddha. According to legends, this monastery posse a blood written scroll, which was inscribed by Merek Lama Lodre Gyatso to request fifth Dalai Lama to give his eternal blessings to this religious site.
- Sela pass-For most of the travelers, this site is familiar as the heaven on earth. Being located on the 13,714 ft above the sea level, this site covers with snow in every winter. That time this places turns into a real paradise on earth. If you be keen on trekking, then this is the ideal place to brass up your trekking skills.
- Craft Centre- In this craft centre, you will come to observe the traditional Monpa masks and wonderful handmade silk clothes by the local people. This centre can be described as the source of inspiring the ancient arts and crafts to sustain in this competitive hi tech world. To reach these art works, Government has taken different projects.
- Bap Teng Kang- This waterfalls is one of the most beautiful water falls in this city. The presence of this 100ft tall green vegetation encircled waterfalls brings a paradise like view in its surroundings.
- Gorichen Peak-This peak is the highest peak of Arunachal Pradesh. This 22,500ft peak is located 164 km away from the heart of the Tawang town. For many local people and travelers this peak is also known as Sa-Nga Phupeak. Different seasons, different mountaineering institutes and lots of trekking groups come to explore the veiled beauty of this peak.
- Gorsam Chorten-This 12th century built largest Buddha Stupa is located 90 km away from the Tawang town. This wooden frame based Stupa is said as the largest stupa in this city that is encircled by a path which was made for the roundabout praying purpose of the Buddhist monks and travelers.
Shopping in Tawang
Handmade crafts- This city has large collections for the shopping freaks. Here you will get a wide range of traditional Tibetan masks, silk clothes, hand bags, chadars (wrap skirts) shawls, brass wares and Lord Buddha’s statues as a souvenir while traveling this city.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.