Stuffed Peppers Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Jaipur Stuffed Peppers, how to cook Stuffed Peppers, how to prepare Stuffed Peppers, easy recipes, vegetarian food. This is an easy recipe for a complete vegetarian food.
Category: Vegetarian, Rajasic, Vegetables
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium Red Bell peppers
- 2 potatoes (about 5oz each), peeled, boiled, and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- Pinch of Red Chilli powder
- Slice a small piece off the top of each Pepper and remove the seeds and white membranes.
- Place the mashed potatoes in a medium Bowl. Add the Lime Juice, Turmeric, and Salt. For the Rajasic variation, also add the Red Chilli powder. Mix well. Spoon the Potato mixture into the prepared peppers until they are nearly full.
- Heat the Oil in a deep sauté Pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add Fennel seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, place the stuffed peppers, top side up, in the Pan. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the Pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully turn the peppers upside down, without allowing the stuffing to fall out. (Note: Some Fennel seeds should cling to the stuffing.) Continue to cook over low heat for 5 to 8 minutes longer.
- Turn the peppers top side up. Test each Pepper for doneness by gently pushing against the side. When the Pepper is fully cooked, it will feel soft.
- When the peppers are done, remove the Pan from the heat and allow the peppers to cool slightly before serving.