Spiced Okra/ Masaledar Bhindi
Spiced Okra Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make masaledar bhindi, how to cook Spiced ladyfinger, how to prepare Spiced Okra. This is a vegan recipe for a complete vegetarian food.
Category: Vegetarian, Rajasic, Vegetables
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds,
- 1 pound Okra, washed, patted dry, and halved (cut) lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Red Chilli powder
- Heat the Oil in a medium Skillet, over medium heat for 1 minute. Add Cumin seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add the Okra. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the Okra is partially done.
- Add the Coriander, Turmeric, and Salt. For the Rajasic variation, also add the Red Chilli powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2-3 minutes, until the Okra is tender.
- Remove the Skillet from the heat and stir in the Lemon Juice. Serve hot.