Shoghi, the beautiful city of Himachal Pradesh
An introduction of the town Shoghi
Shoghi is a beautiful tiny town located in Himachal Pradesh. This eye-catching small town is located 13km away from the mostly travelled city, Shimla. This picaresque city of Himachal Pradesh is located 5,700ft above the sea level. Rhododendron and Oak trees encircle the beautiful hill town. For having such beautiful surroundings, this city is often explored by the travelers. When you come to this city will find some well-liked restaurants and Dhabas. This wide range of availability of food corners make this as one of the attractive point for food loving travelers.
Places of Interest in Shoghi
- Shimla- This is one of the mostly travelled cities located close to Shoghi. In the ruling period of British people, this city used to be one of the reputed summer retreats in India. In this city you will find many amazing sites like Arki Fort, hail Wildlife Sanctuary, Shaily Peak, Jakhu Temple and a beautifully maintained Himalayan Nature park. This city is known for housing the second oldest Christian Church in Northern part of India. Apart from watching these beautiful locations in Shimla, you can go for shopping .Here you will get numerous shopping stalls and malls in nearby shopping street.
- Viceregal lodge-In the ruling era of British, this monument used to be the residence of Lord Duffrin, British Viceroy of India. Now this site is famous as Rashtrapati Niwas. Today this monument is in use as the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies. When you travel this site, will come across the collections of valuable photographs and write ups of the British period.
- Tara Devi Temple- This is one of the major shrines located in these regions. This pious temple is dedicated to Goddess Tara, who was one of the sisters of Goddess Durga among nine sisters. Based on its architectural pattern, it may say that this temple is 250 years old. This Goddess is recorded as one of the major deity for Buddhists. If you visit here during the Ashtami, of the Navarathri day of Sharad celebration, you will be auspicious to witness a special puja to be offered to this Goddess.
- Hanuman Temple- This beautiful temple is well known as the Sankat Mochanm temple. Here Lord Hanuman is worshipped in the name of Anjaneya, (the son of Anjana). This earliest temple is famous for its mythological wall paintings.
- Temple of Kali-This beautiful 150 years old temple is located on the beautiful surroundings of Jakhoo Hills. According to geographical measurement, the temple is located 8,500ft above the sea level. This temple houses beautiful ancient idols of Goddess Kali, Chandi and Shyamala.
- Jakhoo hills-According to experts, Jakhoo Hill is considered as the highest mountain peak in Shimla region. This peak is 2455m high. Apart from being the highest peak, this site is also known for housing two important shrines of Goddess kali and Lord Hanuman. Along with visiting the pious shrines, this peak offers its travelers to visualize the mesmerizing Sunrise and Sunset.
Shopping in Shoghi
Woollen product- This town is known for handmade winter outfits. If you visit the nearby shopping streets, you will come across the variety of the winter outfits, in this location. You can buy these genuine winter outfits from these shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.