Shivpuri, the city of Scindia Kings
Introduction of the city of Shivpuri
During ancient time, Shivpuri used to be popular as Sipri. After the Independence of India, this city has named as Shivpuri, to honor Lord Shiva. In ancient periods, this used to be an interesting site for different dynasts. Nowadays, this city belongs to the administrative control of Madhya Pradesh state. Apart from its historical background, this city is known for various beautiful surroundings, which are embellished with natural springs, wild life sanctuaries. For this beautiful juxta- positioning of nature and history, draws a large number of tourists to this city.
Interesting sites to explore in Shivpuri
- Madhav National park-This national park is situated on the Jhansi Shivpuri road, this wild life sanctuary is recorded for having the wild life creatures like buffs, Chinkara, Indian Gazalle, Chital, Nilgai, Sambar, Chausingha, Sloth bear, Leopard,. Apart from watching these rare species of animals, you can find the rare collections of birds. Among them the collection of the migratory birds like geese, pochard, pimtail, teal, mallard, and gadwall will attract your eyes. The lush green vegetation of this beautiful sanctuary makes this wild life shelter into one of the most attractive sites in Shivpuri.
- Son Chiriya bird Century- This beautiful green area is known for having a large collections of Golden bird.
- Chattris- Chatri is the special types of cenotaphs that used to constructed by following the impressions of Hindu –Muslim architecture. If you go deep into their design, then clearly discover the blending of Rajput and Mughal architecture. To view different types of tombs or Chettris, you may go to the nearby Criss cross path oriented gardens.
- Panihar- This is considered as one of the sacred bathing place in this city.
- Mahadev Vilas Palace- This pink shaded palace used to be the summer retreat for the Scindia kings. The beautiful architecture makes this palace into one of the major attraction of this site. Nowadays, this palace is occupied by the office of Intelligence Bureau of Government of India.
- Karera Bird sanctuary- This bird sanctuary is located 55km away from the Shivpuri city. Here you can see a large collection of near about 245 birds. According to the experts, this sanctuary is known as the residing place for the Bustard birds, like Indian Bustard, Color Bustards and bearded bustards. Apart from watching the varieties of bustard birds, you will find other birds like spoonbill, heron, Indian Robin, Pintail, egret and more. The lake named Diahalia is the main source for fetching migratory birds to this location.
Apart from watching these are birds, you can see the animals like tiger, elephant, leopard, monkey, wild cat.
- George Castle-This beautiful fort was constructed by the ruler Jivaji Rao Scindia, in 1911, inside the green surroundings of the MahaDev National Park. According to the historians, this fort is used to be the hunting place for King George V. From this fort, you can experience the wide view of the forest and Sakhya Sagar Lake.
- Siddheshwar temple- This pious site is recorded as one of the oldest shrine in Shivpuri. This temple is dedicated to worship Lord Vishnu. By traveling to this shrine, you will be mesmerized to see the wonder of Hindu architecture. The beautiful idols of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha, Lord Vishnu and Goddess Parvati will attract your eyes.
Shopping in Shivpuri
Handcraft- While travelling this city, you may buy some good stone made handcraft of the local sculptures.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.