Shirdi, pious city of India
An overview of the city of Shirdi
Shirdi is a pious city which is located in the India’s south western state Maharashtra. This city comes into its existence from the Sai baba, following this feature; this city is also popular as the Land of Sai. This city is deeply connected with the activities and spiritual wonders of Sai Baba. This city is located 297 km away from the Mumbai. Shirdi, this small town of Maharashtra covers an area of 3sq km.
Attractions of Shirdi
- Shri Sai Baba Sansthan temple-This is considered as one of the most famous shrines in India. This temple is dedicated to praise the saint Sai Baba. Inside this big temple compound, you will find the Samadhi of the Sai baba. Whereas here you will find a big asram, Museum with the collections of Sai Baba’s life related artifacts and more.
- Baba’s Chavadi-This place is noted as the resting place of Sai Baba. The peaceful surroundings of this place are decorated with the image of Sai baba and a beautiful Diya. Some travelers come here to do meditation.
- Dixit wada Museum- This museum is situated in the heart of the temple complex. This museum contains the used materials of Sai Baba .Range of used products like slippers, clothes, cooking pots, different sketches, storybooks, paintings are kept here.
- Khandoba mandir-this outskirt temple of Shirdi is located on the mountain range of Jijury. This shrine is very close to the industrial complex.
- Maruti Mandir- this is an ancient temple, which is encircled by the range of trees. In the entrance of this temple, you will find a hanuman image. This temple used to be the popular resting place for Sai baba and other Sadhus.
- Wet n Joy Water park- This artificial park is perfect family destination. Here you can enjoy a wide range of water rides. This temple is spread over 10acres of land.
- Lendi Baug-Lendi Baug is a beautiful garden, where Sai Baba used to go every morning. The peaceful green surroundings of this garden are centered with a beautiful marble deep ghara, where a lap is lighted in the glass box from dusk to dawn.
- Abdul Baba Cottage- Abdul baba was one of the most dedicated followers of Sai Baba. This cottage is located on the opposite part of the Sai Baba mandir. While travelling to this cottage, you will find rare collections of picture of Sai baba.
- Dwarkamai Masjid- This calm mosque used to be the living place of Sai Baba. According to various records, it is said that, in this mosque Sai Baba has spent his later years. This site is considered as an eternal place if Shirdi.
- Nana Wallis Samadhi-Nana Walli was known as one of the most devoted followers of Sai Baba. This particular site contains the tomb of Nana Wali.
- Shri Upasani kanya Kumari Sthan-This beautiful temple is dedicated to worship lord Shiva. Inside this temple, you will find the temples of Shani dev, Kanyakumari and Khandoba. This temple is recorded as one of the most pious shrines in Shirdi.
Shopping in Shirdi
Religious buy- As Shirdi is noted as one of the most important religious cities in India, so when planning for buying anything, then you can decide on to acquire the images of Sai Baba, his words, and other religious products from Shirdi’s local shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.