Travel Raichak, to explore the widespread view of Hooghly River
An overview of Raichak town
Raichak is located on the south-eastern division of West Bengal. This small town of West Bengal is located in South 24 pargana district. The popularity of this 50 km away town of Kolkata revolves around a beautiful fort that was constructed by the Dutch rulers. Now, when you travel to this city, you will come across the well persevered ruins of this 18th century made historical fort. Another importance of this city is that, this Ganges River bank located town is known as one of the most important waterfront town in India. When you visit this city, you will come across the picaresque view of the River Ganges from here.
Places of attraction in Raichak
- Diamond Harbour-this beautiful Ganga River bank located site takes only 15 km away from the Raichak city. This beautiful city is known for its picaresque surroundings. In this particular site River Ganga met with Bay of Bengal. For this reason, this place is often operated as the anchoring point for the ships. This place is one of the major commercial towns located near Kolkata. In previous times, this beautiful town used to be popularly known as Hajipur. Today when you travel this place, will come across various large vessels of ancient period.
- Kukrahati- Kukrahati is another beautiful town located near Raichak. This [place is also a famous site for offering the wide spread view of River Ganges. Apart from being a beautiful location, this town plays an essential role in commercial scenario of South 24 Pargana district. This city is considered as the gateway to the port and a commercial city located nearby Haldia.
- Joynagar- Joynagar is one of the most ancient cities located near Raichak. By traveling to this city, you will come across numerous collections of ancient manuscripts, terracotta works, and Black stone made idols of Lord Vishnu, Lord Buddha, and Mahavir. According to archaeological experts these ancient collections are dated back to 11th to 13th century which are popularly known as Kalidas Dutta’scaboodle.
- Gadiara- Gadiara is a beautiful site, which is located in the meeting point of the Rivers named, Rupnarayan, Damodar and Hooghly River. This village was built in 18th century during the ruling phase of British people. According to historians, this village was constructed to guard the River pirates. Apart from enjoying its amazing view, this site famous as one of the major picnic spot, located near Kolkata.
- Hooghly river-Hooghly River is a tributary of the River Ganga. This river covers an area of 260 km in West Bengal. This River is noted as one of the major River for playing a vital role of the trade route in West Bengal
- Raichak Fort-This 18th century made fort was constructed in the ruling period of East India Company. This beautiful fort was built by following the inspiration of Indo-Anglican architecture. This fort was constructed to guard this city from the attacks of pirates. Today this ruined fort is now turned in to a 5 star hotel by doing some important reconstruction works. Nowadays, while a traveler will visit this spot can view some remaining of the British period, like Piano, perfume bottles, swords, clocks.
Shopping in Raichak
Fish buying- Raichak is noted for its fishing industry. If you are a foodie and love to buy something that will pamper your tongue, then buy some fresh fish from its nearby fishing ports.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.