Potato Onion Masala/ Aloo Pyaz Masala
potato onion masala Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make potato onion masala, how to cook potato onion masala, how to prepare aloo pyaz masala. This is a vegan recipe for a complete vegetarian diet.
Category: Vegetarian, Rajasic, Vegetables
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 2–3 Curry leaves
- One 1/2-inch piece of Ginger, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 medium Potato, peeled, and cut into medium chunks
- 1 small Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large Red Onion, chopped in medium squares
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Heat the Oil in a large Sauce Pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the Asafoetida, Mustard seeds, and Fennel seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add the Curry leaves, Ginger and Green Chilli.
- Add the Potato and cover the Pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes, until the chunks are partially cooked.
- Add the onions; increase the heat to medium, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the Onion is partially softened.
- Add the Coriander, Turmeric, Red Chilli powder, Cumin powder, and Salt. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the Potato is tender.
- Remove the Pan from the heat. Add the Lemon Juice and serve immediately.