Travel Pelling to peel off the attractions of Himalaya
Introduction of the town of Pelling
Pelling is a beautiful small town located on the lap of western Sikkim. Pelling is mostly visited by travelers to view the mountain ranges of Himalaya. For being a hill city, trekkers often prefer to explore this site for peeling off the beauty of Himalaya. Apart from being an interesting trekking site, this city is also known for its contribution for folk music and dance forms. Beautiful gardens, music, art, handcrafts transform this hill city of Sikkim as one of the major attractive and summer retreat point for the travelers.
Landmarks to explore in Pelling
- Pemayangtse Monastery-This Buddhist monastery is located, 6840 ft above the sea level. This 17th century dated Lama Lhatsun Chempo monastery is recorded as the oldest monastery in Sikkim. This monastery is known for its rich collections of ancient arts, crafts, and various wooden sculptures. Here you will come to see many valuable scriptures and idols of Lord Buddha.
- Kaluk-Kaluk is a well liked district of Pelling, which is located 26km away from the city Pelling. For nature lovers, this Bersay Rhododendron covered area is famous for its amazing surroundings and natural resources. The Lepcha tribe’s villages encircle this heavenly district.
- Khechopalri lake- This body of water is considered as a pious place for Hindus and Buddhist religions. As per numerous sources, it is believed that this lake came into existence after the invasion of Nepali people in medieval kingdom in 17th century. Most of the tourist prefers to spend a peaceful night in the nearby hotels. This lush green landscape surrounded lake is also a famous place for the trekkers.
- Sewaro Rock Garden-This artificial Rock garden is created and operated by the tourism department of Sikkim. Inside this beautiful garden, you will find rocks, gardens, Zig zag paths, swimming pools. Apart from this, you will find mesmerizing view points, cafeterias, and picnic spots.
- Singshore Bridge-This is the highest bridge in Sikkim and second highest bridge in Asia. This 198 mt suspension bridge was built 16 years ago for making a thread of communication between two hills. This suspension bridge is now used for Bungee jumping activities by Sikkim Government.
- Rimbi waterfall-these picaresque waterfalls is located 12km away from Pelling town. This waterfall is created from the Rimbi River, which is now a celebrated site for fishing activities.
- Khanchandonza national park-This National park of Sikkim covers an area of 850 sq km. According to experts, this park is located 1800mtr to 8600mtr above the sea level. The presence of this park in such a height transforms it as one of the highest national park in India. In this park, you will find wildlife creatures; like snow leopards, Himalayan Black Beers, Barking Deer, Musk deer, Flying squirrels, and rare species of Red pandas. Apart from housing these above mentioned animals, you will get a rare collection of trees like oaks, birch maple, willow in this national park.
- Darap Subba village- This beautiful village is located 6km away from the city. This village falls on the way of Yuksum. In this village you will see the residences of the tribal families from Bhutias, Chettri, Tamang, Rais, Gurun and Lepcha origins.
Things to buy in Pelling
Handmade artefacts- While traveling this city, you may buy Handmade Tibetan Thangkas from the nearby shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.