Pathankot, the gateway to North India
Introduction of the city
Pathankot is a city located in Punjab, the north western state of India. This place is known as the gateway for reaching the beautiful hill station areas of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu Kashmir. According to experts, this city has originated its name from its rulers Pathania Rajputs. The tourism of Pathankot is mainly revolved round for its amazing green backgrounds and the presence of the rivers make it as an amazing site in north India. It is observed that, from a long time this site used to be the trade route for the South Asian traders. Apart from its amazing sites, this place is one of the famous locations for its Shawl weaving cultures.
Attractions of Pathankot
- Hydraulic Research Centre-This research centre is located 7 km away from this city. In this Hydraulic experimental centre, this place is known for having different models dams and irrigation system.
- Kathgarh Temple-This ancient temple is located on the countryside area of this city which is located 7km away from this city. The specialty of this temple is its beautiful Mughal style architecture. Apart from the architecture, the presence of ancient and unique 6ft tall Shivlinga. It is believed that this temple was founded in the period of the Alexander.
- Mukteshwar Temple-This famous religious site is positioned 22km away from the heart of the city. According to various evidences it can be said that this temple and its caves are dated back to the Mahabharata period. It is said that during the exile of the Pandavas, they stayed here.
- Nagini Temple-This beautiful temple is located 35 km away from this city. This temple was dedicated to worship the snake Goddess.
- Nurpur Fort-This fort was named after the beautiful wife of Jahangir, Nurjahan. Based on various researches, it can be confirmed that this fort was constructed 100 years ago. While entering this temple, you will find a beautiful shrine, which is dedicated to praise Lord Krishna. It is believed that the black idol of Lord Krishna was dedicated by the Rajasthan’s king from the King of Nurpur.
- Shahapurkandi Fort- This fort was built in 1505 AD. The amazing architecture of this ruined fort is the main attraction for the travelers. It is believed that this fort was constructed in purpose of the security and view of the Rabi River.
- Ranjit Sagar Dam-This big dam has coined its name from the ruler Ranjit Singh. Nowadays, this spot offers a brilliant view of the advanced hydraulic system. Apart from being a geographically interesting site, here you will come across a beautiful picnic spot among the peaceful surroundings.
- Shanti Dev Mandir-This is a famous religious site. To get into this temple, you need to take few steps.
- Laxmi Narayan mandir-This temple is dedicated to worship the deity Laxmi Narayan. From a long time this temple is a popular religious spot is famous to the tourists for its serene surroundings and gleaming architecture.
- Kali Mata ki mandir-This temple is dedicated to worship the Hindu power Goddess kali. If you are trekking freak, then you can reach this temple via its close by trekking route.
Shopping in Pathankot
Pashmina Shawls- From a historical period, this city is famous for weaving colorful Pashmina Shawls. So if you are looking for a prestigious buying, then these shawls will be the finest option for your buying
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.