Panaji for enjoying the panoramic view of nature
A prologue to Panaji
Panaji is the capital city of Goa. This is the third largest city in Goa which is known as an important colony of the Portuguese people. In previous times this city based to be known as panjim. Travelers come to explore this site to enjoy its scenic beauty and beaches. Being located on the banks of Mandavi River, this city becomes an appropriate place for agricultural developments. Apart from its scenic beauty, this city reflects the Portuguese culture of India. The red brick roofs, ancient Dutch style bungalows, cobbled streets, churches , the range of Gulmohor , acacias trees make this place an appealing and picturesque location in Goa.
This city is considered as the intellectual, learning and mercantile town in Goa. Being experienced the glorious historical period of the Portuguese period in 18th century; this city is enriched with the blending of the Portuguese and Indian culture. To feel the essence of the fusion of Indian and Portuguese cultures, every year travelers come to explore this city from various domestic and international locations.
Places to explore in Panaji
- Basilica of Bom Jesus- This is the must to see place in panaji. This religious site was built in the 17th century. The grandeur of the architecture and the remains of the St Francis Xavier is the main interest of this site. Each corner of this church is very beautiful makes it one of the known heritage site of Goa.
- Panaji Kala academy- This academy can be described as a fully-fledged art academy with multi combination of theatre, recording studio and library. This academy has seating arrangements for thousand of viewers. By visiting this arts school, you will get to experience the conventional art and music of Goa.
- Reis Magos Fort- This is an interesting historical site. This well maintained fort –cum museum is known for having rare piece of art works of ancient and modern period. Apart from different art collections, this place offers a breathtaking view of the beach area of this city.
- Casino Royale Goa- Playing casino is not a new thing. However, the difference of this casino with other casinos is that, this is the floating casino of Goa. Here a casino lover can play different types of casino games. The Chinese cuisines of this floating casino make it an interesting recreation destination in this city.
- Dona Paula Beach- This place can be better described as the perfect spot for enjoying various water sports related activities. Travelers prefer to enjoy the water scooter ride in this sea and if you are adventure freak and love shopping, then this is the site you must pay a visit to make your Panaji traveling more memorable. This place is also known for witnessing the shooting of various Bollywood movies.
- Dr Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary- the nesting of the different species of birds in the mangrove trees can be seen here. The peaceful surroundings of this site make it an interesting tourist spot.
- Bhagwan Mahavir wildlife Sanctuary-apart from enjoying the tumultuous waves of the sea, if you are looking for the touch of wildlife creatures, then this place is ready to welcome you. By traveling here, you can get to see is the wide range of collection of the flora and fauna trees with the presence of panthers, wild boar, and porcupine. This is one of the most remarkable wildlife parks in the western Ghat area.
Handcrafts- While travelling Panaji, do not forget to collect the handcrafts of local people. From any reputed Government or private shop you will get it.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.