Murudeswar, the city of God
Outline of the city of Murudeswar
This city of Karnataka state has mainly earned its popularity as a religious site. The presence of temple and statues of different Hindu deities, transforms this coastal city place in to attractive pious spot. According to geographical positioning, this site is located on the beach side of the Western Ghats. Being surrounded by the Arabian Sea, this site possesses some amazing sea beaches. According experts, it can be said that this city has coined its name from the term Mridheswara. The archaeological evidences reveal that this city is dated from the period of Ramayana. Apart from offering Puja to the sacred shrines of this site, you can explore numerous activities like swimming, trekking, snorkeling, boat ridings to make your holidaying experience more interesting.
Things to do in the locations of Murudeswar
- Murdeshwara Temple-This shrine is the main attraction of this city. This beautiful site is located on the hill top of Kanduka Giri. The architecture of this 20 storied tall temple makes it as a precious example of ancient architecture. Inside this beautiful temple, you will see a 123 ft tall idol of lord Shiva. Apart from the relic of Lord Shiva, you will come across the Shiv Linga inside this temple. This temple was built by the granite stones by following the brilliant architecture style of South India. Inside this temple compound, you will find numerous sculptures of the Hindu deities. The presence of this temple near the Arabian Sea transforms it into a beautiful spot for the travelers.
- Idagunji-This religious site is situated 20km away from the Murudeswar town. This site is located in Honnavar Taluka of the North Kannada province. This religious site is mainly famous for its beautiful temple of Lord Ganesha. According to historians and many religious people it is believed that this place used to be the site of sacrament for the ancient saints. The presence of the Lord Ganesha’s idol holding lotus in his hands makes the interior of this temple worth visiting.
- Netrani Island-This Island is located near Murudeswar city. From a long time travelers come to this island to view its ancient catholic church. Apart from the scenic surroundings and Catholic Church, this island is also known as one of the most beautiful picnic spot to the travelers.
- Bhatkal Beach- This beach is one of the popular beaches nearby this city. By driving here, you will find some beautiful ancient temples. The presence of this beach in between the Arabian Sea and Western Ghats hill range, this site offers a breathtaking vicinity of nature. As per the historical records, this coastal area used to be the main port of the Vijaynagar kingdom.
- Murudeswar Fort- according to historians, this Murudeswar temple nearby castle was built by Tipu Sultan, the ruler of Mysore. According to chronological records, this fort was built during the ruling phase of Vijaynagar kings.
- Statue Park-This garden area is popular for the 15m tall statue of the Lord Shiva. Apart from this statue, the presence of artificial ponds’, waterfalls, street lamps and the tidiness, make this place into a must to see place for the vacationers.
Shopping in Murudeswar
A relic of Lord Shiva- as this site is admired for its brilliant sculptural background, so from here you can acquire a beautiful relic of Lord Shiva.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.