Mount Abu, the abode of religion
A small silhouette of the city
Mount Abu is located near the border area of India’s two states Rajasthan and Gujarat. As per geographical record, this is the only hill station in Rajasthan that falls under the Aravalli hill range. From a long period, this place is explored by different tourists only to experience the majestic background of Rajasthan. The scenic beauty of this city along with its remarkable historical background makes this place into a must to see location for the travelers. For many travelers this is one of the spiritual places of Rajasthan. The wonder of nature and ancient architecture transforms this place as a wonderful family vacationing place of India.
Places to see in Mount Abu
- Dilwara Temple-This temple was built in between 11 to 13th century AD. From that time this white marble finished Jain temple fascinated tourists for its wonderful architecture and serene surroundings.
- Nakki Lake-As per Indian myths, it is believed that this lake was created by the scratches of the nails of God. This attractive hill delimited loch is one of the major spot to head over after a long and tiresome tour. The boating experience on the calm water of this lake will give a relaxation to your busy travel schedule.
- Sunset point at Mount Abu- Though you have seen sunset in different travelling destinations and your day to day life. But watching the golden hues of the setting sun from this peak point of Mount Abu is totally different from others. The wonderful surroundings and colors of the sky during the sunset will make your travelling more memorable. In one word it can be described as a picaresque moment for every individual.
- Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University- If you are tired with your hectic life, and in look for undivided peace of mind, then going to this spiritual university you will rediscover the underlying meaning of your life.
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary-This panoramic site is also known as the Trevor’s tank. By reaching in this impenetrable forest delimited location, you will come to observe wildlife animals like Crocodiles, fish, monkeys, exceptional species of birds, deer from a close distance. This is an indispensable place to for every nature and wildlife lovers.
- Museum and art gallery-This unique art gallery of Mount Abu is reputed for having a well-off compilation on archaic art crafts, sculptures, paintings, brass statues of 8 to 12 century AD. This Raj Bhawan complex based museum is also famous for possessing rare Jain sculptures.
- Adhar Devi Temple-This 365 precipitous steps based cave temple is located on the peak of the Mount Abu. This temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga. This is one of the ancient and amazing temples in this hill city. To get more gorgeous view of this temple, you need to come here on the eve of Navarathri.
- Achalgarh- This spot is located 11km away from Mount Abu. This small village is specially known for its fort and the inside Mahadev temple of the fort. According to many, this is one of the holy places in Mount Abu that has the footprints of Lord Shiva on the rocks. The big brass structure relic of the Shiva and the Nandi, the sacred bull is the main attraction of this site.
Things to Buy
Rajasthani Art works- From Mount Abu you can buy some colorful artworks of the local people, that may range from clothes to mirror work.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.