Moong Lentil Soup/ Moong Dal Soup
Moong lentil soup Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make mung dal soup, how to cook moong lentil soup, how to prepare moong dal soup. This is an easy vegetarian recipe for a complete healthy soup.
Category: Vegetarian, Rajasic, Soups, Curries
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- 1 Cup Yellow Moong lentils
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil or Ghee (Indian clarified Butter)
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- One 1-inch piece of Ginger, peeled, and finely chopped
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 sprig Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili - chopped
- Pinch of Red Chilli powder
- Combine the Moong lentils and 3 cups Water in a medium Bowl. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Separate the lentils and the Water through a Sieve or Colander and keep both aside
- Heat the Oil in a large Sauce Pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the Asafoetida and Cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to splutter, add the Ginger. For Rajasic variation add Green Chilli
- Add the Moong lentils and stir, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Water (that was set aside) and stir in the Turmeric, Coriander, and Salt. For the Rajasic variation, also add the Red Chilli powder.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are soft.
- Remove the Pan from the heat. Sprinkle with Cilantro and serve.