A delicious Dal recipe, Moong Dal Tadka is a simple recipe which can be used for every day cooking. A blend of Tuar and Moong Dal is tempered with Mustard and Cumin seeds and flavored with tomatoes, onions, Ginger Garlic paste and Jeera powder. Simply delicious, when served with steamed Rice! Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Moong Dal, how to cook Moong Dal, how to prepare Moong Dal This is a vegetarian recipe for a complete healthy eating food.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- Moong Dal - 1 Cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Tomato Puree form -1 medium sized
- Turmeric Powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) -a pinch
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) -1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves -1-2 teaspoons
- Green Chilli chopped -1
- Oil -1 tablespoon
- In a Pan, add Water & Dal & boil on a low flame till Dal is boiled well.
- You can check by mashing Dal from the back of the Spoon.
- If it gets well mashed, then Dal is well boiled.
- Turn off the flame & keep it aside.
- Next, heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing) & 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera) & as they crackle, add Tomato to it.
- Add Coriander leaves & chopped Green Chilli as well.
- Next, add Salt, Red Chilli Powder, and Turmeric Powder & mix well.
- Cook on a low flame till the mixture leaves Oil.
- As the mixture leaves Oil, add the boiled Dal to it & bring it to a good boil.
- At this point, check if there is a need for more Water.
- In case there is a need, add some Water & boil well.
- Cover the Pan with a Lid for a few minutes till Dal is well cooked.
- Keep checking in between & as it appears to be cooked well, add Garam Masala Powder & turn off the flame.
- Moong Dal is ready to serve.