Mayapur, the mesmerizing village of Chaitanya Mahaprbhu
About the village of Mayapur
Mayapur is a religious village, located on the bank of River Ganga. This beautiful village takes 130km north from Kolkata. The presence of ISKCON temple makes this city into one of the most attractive pilgrimage site for the international and national travelers. According to mythological texts, this city is the birthplace of Sri Krishna Chaitanya in 4th century. This village can be described as the heart of spreading the Hare Krishna movement across the world, by the help of Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
Places of Attractions near to Mayapur
- ISKCON Chandradaya Temple-This temple is known for giving a larger than life view to the travelers. Among other temples of ISKCON establishments, this temple is noted as one of the major temple, where you can see many religious scriptures and idols. In this beautifully ornamented temple compound, you will notice the tomb of the Prabhupada. Here you will come to hear Kirtan for 24 hour (a special chanting dedicated to praise Lord Vishnu) in Prabhus house. Near this house, you will find Goshala, and Fooding section. When it comes to food, you need to remember that ISKCON will offer you vegetarian food service in its compound.
- Sri Chaitanya math-This math is dedicated to praise Mahaprabhu Shri Chaitanya Dev. As Mayapur is the birth city of this legend of Bhaktir evolution, so in this village you will get numerous temples dedicate in the memory of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. The specialty of these temples lies in their architectural excellence and lush green surroundings. These maths are known for meditation and Kirtan purpose.
- Yoga Peeth- This sacred site is well-known for the contemplation and yoga purpose. The calm surroundings of this ancient temple will help you to take a break from the bustling of the city life. Inside this temple, you will find the valuable quotations of Shri Krishna Chaitanya Dev and Geeta. If you are looking for a place to spend some days in the serene shadow of nature and religion, then this peeth is the ideal option for you.
- Murai Gupta’s House-This religious site is located behind Chaitanya temple. By going to this religious temple of Gupta’s you will find that Lord Ram and Sita, along with Lord Hanuman to worship here.
- Chand Kazi’s Samadhi-Chand Kazi was a notable person of Mayapur. Historical records inform that Chand Kazi used to be the Magistrate of this village in the time of Mahaprabhu. Later this follower of Islam was converted into Hindu religion. In this site you will find the 500 years old tomb of Chand Kazi.
- Srivasa Angam-This place used to be the residing place of Pandit Srivasava. This place is known for Kirtan. According to mythological records, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was being reflected by his Maha Prakash.
- Nandan Achyaras house- This house is noted as an important site for the followers of Sri Krishna Chaitanya dev. In this house Mahaprabhu first meet Sri Nityananda Prabhu.
Shopping in Mayapur
Religious buy- Mayapur is steeped with the eternal deeds of Mahaprabhu. So when, you will come to buy something as a souvenir, then consider the texts and books written on Mahaprabhu to enhance your spiritual level.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.