Mamidikaya kura Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Mamidikaya kura, how to cook Mamidikaya kura, how to prepare Mamidikaya kura. This is a healthy eating recipe for a complete vegetarian meal.
Prep & Cooking: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 persons
- 1 raw Mango, chopped into pieces along with skin – preferably Thotapuri or Bainganpalli variety
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Methi (Fenugreek seeds)
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 10-12 crushed Garlic flakes
- 2 big onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 3 cups of water
- ½ cup grated Jaggery
- Pre-heat Oil in a heavy bottomed Vessel. Add Mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add the Methi and Cumin seeds and let them turn brown.
- Add the crushed Garlic flakes and fry for a few seconds. Add the chopped onions and sauté till pink. Add Salt, Turmeric powder and Chilli powder and combine.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes. Now add the Mango pieces and mix well till they are well coated with the masala mixture. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add Water and cook on high flame for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cook further for another 8-10 minutes or till the Water evaporates.
- Add the grated Jaggery and cook for 10 minutes on low flame till Water evaporates and you get the Curry consistency.
- Serve with hot steamed White Rice or rotis.