Mahabaleshwar is an amazing place to enjoy the natural beauty of the earth.
A synopsis of the city
Mahabaleswar is recorded as the largest hill station located on the beautiful surroundings of the Western Ghat hill range. This beautiful hill station of Maharashtra is located 1372 m above the sea level. The presence of cool and comfortable climate transforms this location as one of the best spot for vacationing in India. The brilliant blending of the pictorial landscapes and hills make this as a place for shedding the hectic life of a person. Apart from its amazing natural surroundings, the lakes and different religious sites will help you to revive your spiritual part. If you are an adventure lover, then you this place is ready to offer you a fantastic trekking experience in your course of traveling.
Interesting sites in Mahabaleshwar
- Venna Lake-This artificial body of water is located 2km away from the town. The natural surroundings are the main attraction after traveling on this lake. Here you will get an opportunity for boating among the beautiful settings of nature.
- Mahabaleshwar temple-This temple is dedicated to worship Lord Shiva. By exploring this location, you will come across the idea of Hindu religion. According to experts this temple is dated back to 16th century. Here you will find the 500 years old lingam of Lord Shiva. Apart from the deity, you will find the 300 old Trishul, damru, rudrakh inside this shrine.
- Arthur’s Seat-If you want to experience the adventurous site of nature while traveling this city, then you can pay a visit to Arthur’s seat. From this hilltop you will experience the beauty and excitement of watching nature. This is considered as one of the most amazing site located 12 km away from the city. While traveling this site must take your camera to capture the rareness of this site.
- Torna Fort-This fort is known for its historical background. In historical period, this castle used to be the den of the Maratha ruler Shivaji. According to historians, this fort was conquered by Shivaji in 1643. The construction of this fort by using hard stones, make it a point to visit for the travelers. Nowadays, this site is also a popular place for the trekkers.
- Krishna Temple- This ancient temple is located in distanced from this city. While traveling this religious site, you will be amazed to see its wonderful architecture.
- Mapro garden-the plantation of the strawberry is the main thing to see in this garden. Apart from this, here, you will find a factory for preparing juices from strawberry. Apart from juice making you will find an advanced mode of strawberry food processing in this garden complex.
- Pratapgarh Fort-In ancient times, Shivaji Maharaj, used to be known as the owner of this castle. According to historians, in this fort, Shivaji fought against Afzal Khan. Today while you roam inside this ancient fort will come across the Afzal Khan’s grave. Apart from its historical importance, this fort is popular for its breathtaking surroundings.
- Mumbai point- Sunset point, this is the other name of this hill based site. The changing colours of sky and sun make this point into a beautiful canvas of nature. A must to see site that you can include in your Manabaleswar tour.
Shopping in Mahabaleshwar
Honey- as this site is blessed with the natural surroundings; here you can get to buy the chemical free honey that is collected from nearby forest areas.
Slippers- While visiting this city does not miss the chance to buy the famous kolapuri shoes made from unadulterated leather.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.