Ludhiana, the Manchester of India
Overview of the city of Ludhiana
According to historians, Ludhiana used to be the ruling region of Lodi dynasts. For this reason when you travel this city will come across numerous historical sites. Nowadays this city is recorded as the largest city in Punjab. Being located on the bank side of River Sutlej this site is enriched in the agricultural as well in industrial background. Apart from its historical importance, this city is recorded as one of the most pious site for the Sikh pilgrims due to the presence of quite a number of Gurdwaras in this city. Today for its advanced industrial scenario this city is known as the Manchester of India.
Places to see in Ludhiana
- Punjab Agricultural university Museum-This museum is located on the countryside part of this city. This university was founded in 1962. This academic destination cum museum is known for seeing the process of agricultural studies and at the same time you will find some rare art crafts and archaeological evidences to be stored in this museum. Apart from this, every year the local government along with the University heads arrange a Kissan Mela, in this fair you will come to see the agricultural equipments and ancient bronze utensils.
- Phillaur Fort-This is the mostly explored historical destination in this city. This fort was built by an Italian Engineer in ancient times. Nowadays, this fort is used as the police training centre of this city.
- Maharaja Ranjit Sing War museum-If you want to witness the rich historical and cultural background of Punjab, this is the best destination for you. The glorious battle of Ranjit Singh and its different evidences are kept here. It is indeed a memorable sight that you must include in your traveling of Ludhiana.
- Rakh Bagh Park-This garden or zoological park is known for the rich collections of wild life animals.
- Pir I Dastgir shrine-This religious place is located on the north western part of this city. Here you will find some tombs of the Muslim saints and the family members of the Shahsuja family. For this combination of Muslim and Hindu religion, this site is equally popular among Hindus and Muslims as well.
- Gurudwara Shrimanji Sahib Alamgir- this 10 km away located site of Ludhiana is counted among the most popular religious sites of this city. Here you will find a tank, which is known for preserving the Holy water. For most of the pilgrims, there is a common belief that if anyone baths this tank gets emancipation from all the painful things of life.
- Bilwanwali Masjid-This ancient masjid of Ludhina is dated back to the ruling period of Mughal emperor Jahangir. The construction of the mosque in rectangular shape is the main attraction for the tourists. The brilliant ancient carvings and placing of multicolor tiles, make this as an art of architecture.
- Harry’s world- this park of Ludhiana is one of the major attractions of tourists. If your kids are looking for a fulfilled experience in their traveling, then this park with the facilities of ice skating, snowfall make you and the kids to wonder at its surroundings. According to different records, this park is known as the third largest indoor snow park in World.
Shopping in Ludhiana
Miscellaneous buy- Ludhiana is noted as the best city for buying anything in Punjab. Here you will get a numerous shopping malls that will offer you the collections of fashionable outfits to household materials.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.