Lonavala, the beautiful city medieval architecture
Few lines about the city of Lonavala
Lonavala is a beautiful hill city, which is located on the western division of Maharashtra. According to historians, this beautiful city used to be an important part of the Yadava dynasty. Later this site becomes an important region for the Mughal emperors for its geographical positioning. Apart from watching various historical sites, travelers visit this city to spend a peaceful vacation amidst the calm surroundings of nature. Geographically, this city is known as a popular destination for connecting the railway communication between Pune and Mumbai.
Places to see in Lonavala
- Bhaja cave-According to various records, it is said that this cave was built by the Buddhists nuns in 200BC.This 22rock cut caves fall on the ancient trade route of Karli. The architecture of this 22-cut rock, surrounded by the sculpture works of a prince seating on a chariot, a prince seated on an elephant and three armed warriors, dancing couples, make this cave into a precious example of ancient architecture.
- Tungrali Lake-This artificial lake with a reservoir was created in 1930, in the ruling period of the British. This site is closely located on the Shyadri Mountain range. Apart from offering various adventurous activities like rock climbing, trekking, this site playa an essential role in supplying the water to the irrigation requirement of this site. For its beautiful surroundings, this place is now counted among one of the most popular picnic spots of Lonavala.
- Ryewood park- This beautiful botanical garden is located near the market area of Lonavala. This park is beautifully ornate with tall trees and a wide variety of floral plants. While roaming inside this lush Green Park, you will find an ancient temple of Lord Shiva. This is noted as one of the major relaxing areas of this city.
- Lohagad Fort-This iron fort was built in 1564. Later this fort was conquered by Shivaji Maharaj to store his treasures in this fort. The scorpion shapes fans of this cave are an interesting thing that you will notice inside this fort. This cave offers you an attractive view of the surroundings.
- Celebrity wax Museum-In this scenic museum, you will come to see the wax statues of the reputed personalities like Baba Sahib Ambedkar, Mother Teresa, Amitabh Bachhan, Hariharan, Shahrukh Khan, Sai Baba, A.R. Rahman, Yesudas.
- Pawna Lake-This Lake was jointly created during the formation of the Pawna Dam. This site is known for offering various water sports activities like motor boating, boating. Apart from enjoying various activities, this site offers you an amazing site of the forts and the Sahyadri Mountain range. From here, you can also get a magnificent view of the Lohagad fort, Tunga and Tikona.
- Tikona Fort- this fort is also popularly known as the Triangle Fort or Vitandgad Fort. This fort is an important historical site, which was ruled by various dynasts of the Maratha region. While travelling this fort, you will come across various Buddhists caves. You can also notice the Satvaahana caves along with the Trimbakeswar Mahadev temple. Apart from being an important historical and religious site, this fort is also known as a favorite place for the nature lovers and trekkers.
Shopping in Lonavala
Chikki- Lonavala is a famous and popular location for selling sweet ckikis. If you want to buy something as a souvenir from this city, then you can buy Chikkis from the local shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.