Kota, a colorful travelling destination of India
A close view of Rajasthan’s Kota
Kota belongs to the Hadoti region of the Rajasthan state. This city is located on the southeastern part of this state. The presence of Chambal River makes this place more fertile and blessed this city with a beautiful natural background. According to administrative record this city is considered as the third largest city of Rajasthan state. Along with the presence of reputed historical sites, this city is also noted for its rich contribution in the economical scenario of Rajasthan through its versatile industrial backgrounds, which ranges from textile to chemical product manufacturing. As per various archaeological records, it can be said that Kota comes into existence from long back 12th century. Colorful culture and cordial people in this city is always making its travellers to visit this city more than once.
Places to see in Kota
- Jagmandir Palace-This beautiful palace of Kota located in the heart of the artificial Kishore Sagar Lake. This palace is believed to be constructed by the order of one of the queens of Kota in 1740. The crystal decoration over the sandstone built up of this palace makes it a more appealing for the travellers. This palace is often described as the contentment palace of this city.
- Maharao Madho Singh Museum- This museum is dedicated to display the famous Raj put miniature paintings. These palace posses the most prestigious collections of the Raj put arts.
- Chambal Garden- This garden is located on the bank of Chambal River. This large pond of this garden has some rare collections of the gharial and crocodiles. Apart from these heinous water animals, you can see wide collections of birds, rabbits in this garden.
- Khade Ganesh ji temple-these temples is positioned on the Southern part of this city. The specialty of visiting this temple is that only this temple has the relic of Lord Ganesha in standing form, which you cannot see in any Indian temple.
- Garadia Mahadev temple- The positioning of this temple amidst the rock and river makes it more primitive and attractive for the travellers. In this temple, you will see the relic of Lord Shiva.
- Darrah wildlife sanctuary-In previous time this site used to be a favorite place for the maharajas to hunt deer, tiger rhinos that used to inhabit inside the intense forest. In 1955, this dense forest transferred into a wild life sanctuary that includes the collection of wild animals like bears, nilgai, leopards, wolves, deers and antelopes.
- Kansua Temple-This temple is dedicated to the Lord Shiva. The specialty of this temple is the four-headed relic of lord Shiva. This is a vital place for all Shaivites.
- Government Museum Kota-This museum is popular for displaying the rich culture of the hadothi. By visiting here, you will get an idea about the Hadothi culture.
- City Fort palace-Though the architecture of this palace is not so remarkable like other fort palaces of India. But the amazing wall carvings inside this palace, makes this place into a different destination from other historical monuments of India
Things to buy
Kota Textile-In Kota you can buy the famous specialized textile named Kota, which is available in form of clothes, or home décor is the main attraction for the shopping freaks.
Puppets- You can buy the colorful handmade puppets from Kota while traveling. It is a perfect option for gifting or home decoration.
Bangles- these bangles are actually popular as the laakh ki chudiaan. The stylish look of these colorful bangles will make your hands to look more sizzling.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.