Koderma, a beautiful city of bio diversity
Few lines about Koderma city
Koderma is a beautiful city located in the Koderma district of Chhattisgarh state. The significance of this city is that, it is encircled by the Nwada district of Bihar, on the south Jharkhand’s Hazaribag district and the eastern part by Giridih district and west Gaya canton of Bihar. The specialty of this city is its diversity in landscape. By traveling to this city, you will experience the plain, plateau and hillock at a time. This city’s northern part is covered by the Reserve forest. For this juxtaposition of various landscapes, make this site into an attractive display house of nature in India. Starting from its landscapes to the wide collections of rare wild animals will help you to enjoy a beautiful vacation among nature.
Attractions of Koderma
- Tilaiya Dam-This dam was built by the Damodar valley Corporation in 1953. This 99 ft lofty and 1200 ft lengthy Tilaiya barrage is sited on the Barakar River which contributes a lot in controlling flood in rainy season and protect the Koderma and its surroundings from the draught by releasing its stored water during Summer for agricultural purpose.
- Har Har Dham-This religious site is located on the Dhwajadhari hill. This site is dedicated to worship Lord Shiva. By traveling to this shrine you will find a beautiful 52ft Shiva Linga is being worshipped here.
- Makamaro Hills-This hill is a mythologically important place, where Parashuram eradicated his mother and two brothers on. Following this mythological incident, this site becomes a popular place amid Hindus.
- Koderma Reserve Forest- This forest is located on the northern part of this city. This can be described as a place where you can find a diversity of flora and fauna which includes Neem, Pipal, Khajoor, Banyan, Bamboo and Sakhua. The collections of the wildlife animals like bear, pig, deer, and leopard makes it as another interesting location in India.
- Satagwan Petro Falls- The presence of this falls amidst the emerald green forest and rocks of the hills makes it an interesting tourist spot nearby this city. This place is well known for its picaresque beauty and peaceful surroundings.
- Maa Chanchala Devi Shaktipeeth- This pious site is situated on the seam of Koderma Giridih Highway. This peeth is 400 ft tall. The rock paintings of the Goddess Durga in four different forms are painted in the ancient times is the main attraction after visiting this site. From a long time travelers from domestic as well as international locations visit this site mostly in Tuesdays and Saturdays to offer a puja to the Goddess.
- Dhawajadhari Hills- For local people, this site is popularly known as the Pahari. This 700 steps based prominence used to be famous as the residing place of Rishi Brahmaputra Kodram, who used to achieve sacrament on this hills. Nowadays here you will come to see the beautifully constructed temples of Lord Hanuman, Lord Shiva, and Goddess Durga.
Shopping in Koderma
Miscellaneous buying- While traveling Koderma you will get a large collection of shops for having different collections of local art crafts to various stationery materials. So you can buy your required things from these shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.