Kalsi, the mythological city of Uttrakhand
An overview of the city of Kalsi
Kalsi is a beautiful city, which is located in the Dehradun district of Uttrakhand state. This 780m high city is positioned on the junction of the Yamuna and Tons River. According to archaeological experts, the evidences of Kalsi reveal, that this city is dated back to the 7th century AD. Apart from its historical importance, this city is known for its valuable contribution in the time of Puranas like Ramayana and Mahabharata. This city is recorded as the gateway of the Jaunsar- Bawar region. When you visit this town, you can feel the essence of traditional; and cultural background of the ancient period of India.
Tourist spots which are must to visit in Kalsi
- Katta Pathar- According to many, this beautiful nearby village of Kalsi has derived its name from its ancient iron mine. This small village is bordered by the Chakrata hills and Yamuna River at both sides.
- Paonta Sahib-This is a small village near Kalsi, which bordered by the states like Uttrakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. According to Sikh religion, in this place the 10th Sikh guru, Guru Govind Singh stayed here for a long time after the death of his father Guru Tegh Bahadur. Here he learnt the art of warfare. This site is known as one of the major historical as well as religious site for the travelers.
- Dak Pathar-This is a one of the most interesting attractions located near Kalsi. This place is mainly popular for its hydroelectric project. For the travelers, this popular picnic spot offers various water sports activities like Canoeing, Boating, Water skiing, sailing, and hovercraft riding.
- Ashokan Rock edict-This rock edict is known for its historical importance. According to the archaeological experts, this rock edict was created in the time of Mauryan emperor King Asoka. This rock edict describes different reforms and principles of King Asoka. This rock edict came into light in 1860 AD by John Forest.
- Asan Barrage- This is an interesting picnic spot. This picnic spot is located on the western region of the Doon valley. If you visit this site in winter, will find the rare collections of Himalayan birds like Redshank, Mallard, Widgeon, Shoveller, Greyleg geese. While this site offers you a wide range of bird watching facilities, you can also experience various activities like, Kayaking and boating.
- Timli Pass- This lush green pass area is located near the Kalsi. This is an attractive picnic spot for the travelers. According to various records, it is said that this place has witnessed the battle between Gurkhas and British Army.
- Chakrata- This beautiful Kalsi nearby site is known for its multifarious sports activities and adventures. In this beautiful site, you can enjoy the adventurous activities and sports like volleyball, canal and river crossing, River Rafting, Kayaking, Bridge Building, Parasailing, rappelling, Rock climbing, trekking, skiing, archery. For having these attractive activities into a single site, every year, a large number of tourists from different locations, come to travel around this place to enjoy a peaceful adventure filled holiday.
Shopping in Kalsi
Tribal Buy- While exploring this city, then apart from enjoying the outstanding scenario of this city, you can buy the collections of bangles, drums and various copper and brass materials from the local shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.