Jaipur Peas and Baby Potatoes gravy
Jaipur Peas and Baby Potatoes gravy Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Jaipur Peas and Baby Potatoes gravy, how to cook Jaipur Peas and Baby Potatoes gravy, how to prepare Jaipur Peas and Baby Potatoes gravy. This is a healthy eating recipe for a complete vegetarian food
Category: Vegetarian, Rajasic, Vegetables, Curries
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup organic non-fat or low-fat plain Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 cup or 8 small white baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 cup fresh, shelled Green peas, boiled
- Whisk Yogurt in a Bowl and add Salt, Turmeric, Cumin, and Coriander. For the Rajasic variation, also add the Red Chilli powder.
- Heat the Oil in a medium skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add Fennel seeds.
- Lower the heat, and slowly add the Yogurt and simmer, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add ½ Cup of Water and continue stirring, for 2 minutes (Note: This is to prevent Yogurt from curdling as little as possible)
- Add the potatoes and peas and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove the Pan from the heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve.
• For a variation on this Dish, substitute boiled Cauliflower and beans for the potatoes.
• Make sure to use a clean Skillet to cook and home-made or organic Yogurt to prevent Yogurt from curdling as little as possible