Imphal, a wonder of nature
A look inside the interior of Imphal
Imphal is one of the most beautiful cities in North Easy India. According to governmental record, this city enjoys the capital status of the Manipur state. This city is a well-known tourist destination for its rich historical and attractive natural background. This city has the possession of the world’s oldest polo ground. In the World War II and the Kohima battle, this site played an essential role by being an important location in the Burma Campaign. By traveling this city, you will come to see a wonderful montage of the historical background with natural ecstasy.
Places to visit in Imphal
- Loktak lake- This is a stunning blue water lake located in this city. This is the leading fresh water lake in northeastern India. Another significant fact about this lake is that, it is the only buoyant lake in the world. To get a broad view of this lake, you can go to its close by Sendra Island.
- Shree Govindajee Temple- During the ruling period of the Royal people this temple used to be heart of the cultural activities. Wonderful architecture and the peaceful religious atmosphere is the main attraction after traveling this site.
- Kngla Fort-This beautiful ancient fort is located in the centre of this city. The presence of ancient architecture on wonderful widespread green field, makes this site more picturesque and worth visiting. The gates of this fort are the most striking thing of this fort’s architecture.
- Manipur Zoological Gardens-This Manipur State Government maintained small zoo is located on the countryside of this city. The luminous collection of the Sanghai deer couple along with other animals makes this zoo into an interesting tourist spot.
- Manipur State Museum- this museum is known for having a large collections of ancient jewelleries, outfits, paintings make this museum a must see location for the travelers.
- Sekta Archaeological Living Museum- By traveling this museum, you will visit the rich collections on various archaeological evidences. Starting from the ancient collections, this place also possesses the wide range of contemporary artefacts.
- Ima Keithel-This market area is a magnificent place where you will get wide collections of handcrafts, colorful dress materials. The interesting factor behind this souk area is that, it is women run all shops. If you want to buy anything from Imphal, then here you can get the best product in an affordable price. To buy your preferred product you can negotiate here.
- Matai garden- This beautiful garden is famous for having a large number of myrad Durante plant. The presence of this plant inside this garden makes the place more appealing.
- Sambal Lei Sekpil garden-The sambal flower of this garden received a Guinness book of records title for its beautiful and long appearance.
- War Cemeteries- this sombre place is dedicated to the memory of the departed Indian and British soldiers during the World war-II.
Paona Market-To buy any keepsake from this city, you may visit this market. The wide collections of the local as well as imported artworks, fashion accessories from this market area.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.