Guntur, the touch of village life amidst the fast life of city
Few lines about Guntur
Guntur is located on the coastal side of the Bay of Bengal. Administrative record reflects that this city belongs to the Indian state Andhra Pradesh. As per the administrative records, it is said that this city came into its urban form by merging ten surrounding villages of the Guntur district. Based on various historical evidences, it can be said that this city came into existence in 500BC. That time this place used to be popular as one of the reputed kingdoms in south India. After that the arrival of the Europeans transformed this city into an urban city of India. Previous to the arrival of the Europeans, this city used to be ruled by the Nizam and Haider Ali
Travelling destinations in Guntur
- Amravati- This is a famous temple for the 2nd BC built Mahachaitya Stupa. The carvings of this temple reflect the sayings and instructions of the Lord Buddha. Inside this temple, you will find a museum that is piled up with some archaic monuments, painting on the life and lessons gives by Lord Buddha, and some rare precious sculptures made by terracotta works. Apart from this collection of Lord Buddha, here you will get different relics, stupa slabs, sculptures, gold, silver and lead coins and some crustal caskets of the historical periods.
- Nagarjuna Sager Dam-This is one of the most famous dams in India, which offers beautiful surroundings. Along with its surroundings, this dam plays an essential role in growing up of the irrigation project on River Krishna. Apartfrom leaving marks on the irrigation areas, this dam is reputed as an important spot for the historians. Here they have found multifarious historical evidences of the Satvahana and the Ikshvakus dynansty. This dam is located 100miles away from Guntur city.
- Uppalapadu Nature Conservation- If you are a bird lover and looking for a bird watching point, then this is the right place to explore. By travelling to this site, you will find near about 7000 birds of different species, that include the names like Spot billed pelicans, painted storks and more. This place is known to be a popular place for the refugee birds. Therefore, every year this rural area experiences the chirpings of rare birds.
- Sitanagaram- This site is famous for its mythological background. According to various legends, this place watched the lamenting of Lord Rama after his wife Sita was seized by Ravana. Here you will find the most visited Someswara swami Temple. Apart from the temple travelers, visit this Krishna riverbank side to enjoy a relaxing and fresh holiday.
- Kondaveedu- This place is located 17miles away from the Guntur city. This place is mainly visited to view its Reddy kings’ built old fort. From this hilltop located fort, travelers experience the amazing sight of surrounding nature. Apart from its exotic surroundings, this place is also a favorite site for the trekking experts.
Shopping guide for Guntur
Saree- When you will come to visit Guntur, you can buy some graceful south Indian silks at a comparatively low price. Here you will get wide varieties in buying those sarees.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.