Green Pulav Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Green Pulav, how to cook Green Pulav, how to prepare Green Pulav. This is a vegetarian recipe for a complete healthy food.
Category: Vegetarian, Rajasic, Rice
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 large bunch Cilantro, chopped
- One 1-inch piece of Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil or Ghee (Indian clarified Butter)
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 Cardamom pods, split open
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked Basmati Rice, soaked in 2 cups Water (soaking Liquid reserved)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 pound Cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 pound Broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 Potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh, shelled Green peas
- Salt to taste
- 3 cloves & Garlic, peeled
- 1 Green Chilli
- Combine the Cilantro, Bell Pepper, and Ginger in a Blender. For the Rajasic version, also add the Garlic and Green Chili. Grind the mixture into a paste.
- Heat the Oil or Ghee in a sauté Pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the Cinnamon, cloves, Cardamom pods, and Bay leaves. Stir in the Cilantro paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the Rice, the reserved soaking Liquid, the Cauliflower, Broccoli, Potato, Peas, and Salt; mix well. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 10-12 minutes, until the Rice has absorbed all the liquid and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the Pan from the heat and serve hot.