Brindaban, the heritage city of India
A brief outline of Brindaban
The name of this city is sourced from the famous forest of Brindaban, where the deity Lord Krishna spent his childhood days. This city is located on the bank of Yamuna River in the Uttar Pradesh state of North India. This city is famous as one of the mostly visited town in India. By traveling to this city you will come to hear about different deeds of Lord Krishna. For being a sacred place it is blessed with the footsteps of Lord Krishna, here you will find near about 5000 temples of different Hindu deities.
Apart from offering the pujas inside these temples, one can explore its ancient architectural wonders. Being located at a distance of 150 km. away from India's capital city Delhi, the residential demands of this city are in an increasing form. Following these demands today this pious ancient city of India is now being the hub of various real estate industries.
Attractions in Brindaban
- Bihariji- Lord Krishna is worshipped inside this temple. This religious site falls among other attractive sites of this city. The idol of Lord Krishna is present inside the temple. It is believed that the eyes of this idol are very powerful, so this idol sometime kept behind the curtain.
- Krishna Balaram Mandir- This peaceful pious site is also known as the Iskon temple. The travelers from different places across the world travel this place for its wonderful surroundings.
- Kesi Ghat-This legendary ghat of Yamuna River, is known for the killing of demon Kesi by lord Krishna. Going to this ghat you will see a beautiful aarti that is offered to the river in every evening.
- Seva Kunj- This site is populated by the Tulsi (basil) plants. According to mythology, Lord Krishna and his eternal lover Radha visits this location every night and enjoy dancing with the Gopis.
- Bankey Bihari Temple- This temple was established in 1864 by Swami Haridas. The specialty of this temple is that, here Lord Krishna in the Trivanga posture which is placed on a beautiful Gold swing.
- Madan Mohan Temple-This is one of the most ancient temples of this city, which is dated back to 1580. This temple is positioned near the kali Ghat. In this 60ft temple, you will find the stunning idol of the Lord Madan Gopal.
- Rangaji temple- This temple was built in 1851. The specialty of this temple is its architecture which is built by following the Dravidian form of construction. This temple is devoted to worship Lord Rangaji, who is another form of Lord Vishnu. The gold plated big Darwaja stambha and the six storied tall Gopuram is the key attraction of this temple. Along with this, the water tank and the garden area inside the temple ground will attract your eyes.
- Govind Deo- Emperor Akbar's general Mansingh is considered as the person to build this religious site in 1590. Here Lord Vishnu is worshipped by his followers. The construction of the temple is inspired from the Western Hindu and Muslim architecture.
Shopping in Brindaban
Religious buy- As this is a religious city and a popular place for the pilgrims, so you can buy religious books, idol of lord Krishna and other religion related products from the nearby market of this city.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.