Dandeli, the abode of wild life animals
Few lines about the city of Dandeli
Dandeli is located on the beautiful laps of Western Ghat mountain range near the Karnataka state. This place is well known for its wildlife sanctuary. This place is also popular for its tiger projects. The beautiful juxtaposition of nature and wild life creature, this site is selected as one of the beautiful eco tourism site in India. In this city you will find the rare species of flora and fauna. If you are looking for a peaceful site to spend your holidays, then this is the right destination for you. Apart from its scenic surroundings, this city is now noted as an emerging industrial town in Karnataka. Dandelli is a popular place for the adventure lovers, for its breathtaking river rafting activities.
Places to see in Dandeli
- Anshi National park-This national park is close located to the Dandeli wildlife Sanctuary which is founded on 340 sq km land. In this wildlife shelter, you will notice the different types of flora like bamboo, silver oak, teak, lantana bauhinia, eucalyptus to form this place into the moist deciduous forest eco region in Western Ghats. Apart from watching the rare species of flora, the collection of fauna like rat, snake, elephants, King cobra, Sloth Bear, Krait, Python, mouse deer, barking deer, Viper, rat Snake, pangolin and 200 different species of avian like eagle, woodpecker, great hornbill and more will treat your eyes.
- Kulgi Nature Park- This nature park is 14 km away from the Dandeli wildlife sanctuary. Inside this camp, you will find small yet informative museum. Among other collections of the museum, you will get thrilled to view a caged 13ft long King Cobra.
- Kavala cave- this archaic cave of Dandelii is located 25km away from this city. To reach this beautiful cave, tourists need to cross near about thousand steps amidst the thick forest. According to Purana, this cave is noted as the sacrosanct domicile of Hindu deity Lord Shiva.
- Dandelli wildlife Sanctuary-This forest turned sanctuary is recorded as the moist deciduous rain forest in Western Ghats. This wild life centre is noted as the abode of Black Panther. Here you will come across the rare species of animals like spotted deer, elephant, leopard, gaur, samber, Great Pied Hornbill barking deer and more rare animals. In this dense forest located sanctuary, you will find near about 200 species of birds. Apart from housing the rare animals, this forest area is a popular place for the adventure lovers, by offering the facilities like trekking, boating.
- River kali-If you are an avid fan of doing river rafting, then this close by river of Dandelli, will help you to fulfill your wish. While enjoying rafting or boating on this River, you will find different species of birds like Kingfisher, weaverbirds, egrets.
- Syntheri Rock-This 300 ft monolithic rock is located inside the thick forest area of Dandelli wildlife Sanctuary. If you manage to reach this rock, then will find that River Kaneri to pass by the side of this rock. This rock is popular for housing pigeons on its corners.
- Shiroli Peak-This peak is situated 25 km away from the city. This is recorded as the highest peak in the Uttda Kannada region. This highest peak offers its traveler an outstanding view of the other peaks of Sayadri mountain range. Apart from being a beautiful view point, this site is also noted as an interesting trekking site.
Shopping in Dandeli
Honey – To be honest, in this city, you will get a few chance of shopping. However, if you want to buy anything as a memento, then buy original honey from its nearby shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.