Daman, an unexplored paradise in India
Introduction of the location
Daman is a part of the Union territory of India. This city is located in the Indian state Gujarat. In the previous years, this site used to be ruled by the Portuguese. For this reason when you visit this site will come across a wide range of Portuguese architecture and culture. Though this city is not so much explored by the travelers, but if you come to visit this city, you will come to experience the veiled gems of nature and architecture in this place. The cordial conduct of the neighboring people will make your traveling more memorable. The sport activities of the beach area on the smooth sands and beautiful surroundings will give you a pleasure for staying among nature.
- Devka Beach- This beautiful beach is renowned for its beautiful amusement parks and musical fountains in the shorelines. This place is a dreamland for the water sport lovers. For maximum tourists this is an ideal traveling destination for weekends.
- Moti Daman-This garrison was constructed in 1559. During that period, this place used to be under the administrative control of Portuguese rulers. The construction base of this with 500 ft tall projections and polygonal shape makes it a unique piece of architecture. This fort has 10 bastions and 2 gateways. By entering this fort, you will come across a 17th century old Iberian church named as the Cathedral Church, a Hilsha aquarium.
- St Jerome Fort-This fort is located on the Nani Daman. The view of the sea and the light house from the fort walls is the foremost attraction of this fort.
- Cathedral of Bom Jesus- This church is located inside the Moti Daman fort. This cathedral can be described as the wonder of architecture for its beautiful wooden carvings. By spending few hours inside the 400 years old church will aid you to forget all the pangs of life by its peaceful and spiritual surroundings.
- Jetty Garden-This garden is situated near the coastal lines of the sea. The peaceful environment of this garden is the main attraction for the travelers.
- Satya Sagar Udyan-If you are a foodie and want to experience different types of regional dishes from India and abroad as well, then this is the best place for you. This Coast Guard air station located place takes 3km from the Nani Daman.
- Kadaiya Lake Garden-This artificial lake garden can be called a perfect amusement park in true sense. By traveling to this garden you can discover its boating facilities, enjoy many joy rides, computer games, toy train riding experiences. A perfect place for spending a fun filled weekend with your family and friends.
- Dominical Monastery-This sacred situate is well-liked for its historical as well as architectural values. In previous years this site used to be a famous place across the world for its theological studies by Catholics. Apart from its high level learning of religion, the wonderfully carved alter with floral ornamentations make this as an interesting place for the art lovers.
Shopping in Daman
Local art crafts- From this traveling destination, you can buy some good shell art crafts made by local people. Apart from this you can also check out some good articles from this city.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.