Dainty baskets stuffed with creamy corn. Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Creamy Corn, how to cook Creamy Corn, how to prepare Creamy Corn, This is a healthy recipe for a complete vegetarian food.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 20 to 25 servings
For The Base
1 1/2 cups plain Flour (Maida)
4 tsp hot Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
Oil for deep-frying
For The Corn Filling
1 can Cream style Corn
2 tbsp chopped Carrots
2 tbsp chopped Capsicum
1 slit & chopped Green Chilli
1 tsp Lemon Juice or
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
2 tbsp grated processed Cheese
For the base
- Mix the Flour, hot Oil and Salt and make a semi-stiff Dough by adding water.
- Knead very well. Allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out into small Puris and press inside a tart mould. Put another Puri in another tart mould. Similarly, build up layers of Puris and Tart moulds.
- Deep fry the stack in hot Oil until crisp.
- Store the fried Puris in an airtight container.
For the corn filling
- Heat the Oil on a high flame, add the Carrots, Capsicum and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Green Chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the Corn, Lemon Juice and Salt and mix well.
How to serve
- Put a little filling on each Puri and sprinkle a little Cheese on top.
- Serve hot with Chilli Sauce or bake in a hot Oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 3 to 4 minutes.