Rich and tasty, having the delicate flavour of Almonds, Now, get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Creamy Almond Soup, how to cook Creamy Almond Soup, how to prepare Creamy Almond Soup. This is a healthy soup for a complete vegetarian diet.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
15 to 20 Almonds (Badam)
1 cup Bottle Gourd (Doodhi / Lauki), cut into small pieces
3/4 cup Cabbage (cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp plain Flour (Maida)
3/4 cup Milk
3 to 4 drops Almond (Badam) essence
2 tbsp Butter
Salt and to taste
- Soak the Almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the skin. Keep aside a few for decoration.
- Heat the Butter, add the vegetables and Almonds and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of water and put to cook in a pressure cooker.
- When cooked, put in a Blender and strain.
- Mix well; add the Almond essence, Milk and Flour.
- Add to Stock and cook for a few minutes.
- Slice the remaining Almonds and roast them a little on a Tawa or in an Oven until crisp.
- Fill the Bowl with the Soup; add the Cream and Almond slices.
- Serve hot.
- Variation : Corn Chowder Soup
- Instead of adding Almonds and Almond essence to the Soup, add chopped Tomatoes and 4 tablespoons of cooked Corn.
- Serve hot with grated Cheese.