Come and explore the charming surroundings of Chopta
An overview of the city of Chopta
Chopta is a beautiful, unexplored hill town of India, which is noted for its beautiful snow capped mountains and peaceful surroundings. For its panoramic view, this small village of Uttarakhand state is often described as the Switzerland of India. This beautiful virgin village is located above 2,680 m from the sea level. Apart from its outstanding view, this site in noted for its importance for having the third Kedar Tungnath from the collections of Panck Kedar. From this beautiful site you will get an astounding view of the Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba hill range. This village is beautifully surrounded by the Pine, Deodar, Rhododendron trees. This city is known as the variable of flora and fauna. This city is also known as one of the major attraction for trekkers.
Attractions of Chopta
- Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-this beautiful dense forest encircled area is noted for its collections of Himalayan species. Here you can get a wide range of trees like oak, maple, pine, burans. Here you will enjoy the wide variety of flora and fauna.
- Ukhimath-This beautiful village is located near the Rudraprayag. This site is located near the Kedarnath. This pious site is dedicated to worship Lord Shiva and Parvati.
- Chandrashila-This mountain peak is known as the residing place of the Tungnath mandir and Chopta village. From this peak, you will hit upon the breathtaking view of the peaks like Kedar, Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba and Trishul. This is a famous place for the trekkers.
- Deorial Taal- This Tal is located 2,400m above the sea level. The crystal water of this lake is known for the beautiful reflection of the Chaukhamba Lake.
- Tungnath Mandir-This temple is located 3,680m above the sea level. This temple is dedicated to praise Lord Shiva. According to Indian mythology, this site is known as the penance place for Ravana. In this temple worships the arm of Lord Shiva. This pious temple counts among the Panch kedars. In this temple compound you will find the beautiful temples of Goddess Parvati and Veda Vyasa.
- Kedarnath Mandir- This pious temple is located on the bank of Mandakini River. This pious site is considered as one of the major 12 Jyotirlingas. This temple is located on the centre of the Himalayan mountain range. The specialty of the temple is that, it is constructed in the form of pyramid. According to experts, this beautiful temple was constructed by Adi Shankracharya. Here you can see near about 200 idols of Lord Shiva. Apart from these idols, you can see the carvings of deities and ancient stories.
- Kalpeswar Temple- This beautiful temple is located in 2,134m above the sea level. This temple counted among five kedars. In this temple Lord Shiva is worshipped as Jatadhar. This temple is popular as one of the major meditating site for the saints.
- Rudranath Mandir-Rudranath temple is a rock temple which is considered as one of Kedar among Panch kedar. This temple is noted as the most pious site. From here you can view the snow capped peaks of Nanda Devi, Trishul and Hathi Parvat.
Shopping in Chopta:
Religious buy- As this site is known as a major religious location, so when you can travel this city you can buy the idols of Lord Shiva.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.