Chikballapur, the city of adventure
Information about the city of Chikballapur
This city is located 57 km away from Bangalore. According to administrative records, this city falls under the control of Karnataka State. This city offers a fascinating view of various historical and natural sites. If you are fond of adventures, then in this beautiful city of Karnataka, you can do the activities like trekking, river rafting. According to various records, it is said that this site used to be the summer retreat for the kings of Chola dynasty. Apart from hiking and trekking, this site is considered as a popular place for the bird watchers.
Locations to explore in Chikballapur
- Nandi Hills Tourist destination-This is mainly a beautiful viewpoint located 22 km away from this town. By reaching to this hill top .location, you will get the view of the widespread city. Apart from enjoying the fascinating surroundings, most of the travelers prefer to stay in its close by guests’ house to enjoy a peaceful holidaying.
- Vivekananda Water Falls- This is a nice waterfalls located 12 km away from this city. To reach to this waterfall, you need to climb the steps. After reaching near this falls, you will see the amazing sight of water falling gradually. Near the foot of this waterfall, you will find a beautiful stream is formed from this water. To enjoy the view to its fullest, you need to select the rainy season.
- Ranganatha Swamy Temple-This shrine is located 5km away from this city. The presence of black stone statue of Hindu deity Vishnu makes this place more attractive. According to the experts, this black stone-carved idol of Lord Vishnu followed the amazing Vijaynagar sculpture.
- The Heritage primary School- This u shaped building was established 2km away from the middle of this city. According to historical records, this school was founded in 1845. This academic institution is well known for providing the academic guidance to many reputed personalities of India.
- Nandi- This shrine is located in the valley of the Nandi Hills- apart from being a pious site; this place is explored by travelers, to view its touch of incredible ancient architecture.
- Kandavara Lake- This is a small lake located inside this city. The outstanding surroundings of this lake make this site into a must see place for travelers.
- Pancha hill- This hill is located 15 km away from this city. From a long time, this hill is a mostly visited place for the trekkers, rock climbers. Apart from gaining a breath taking experience of mountaineering, this hill is popular for offering beautiful surroundings for the nature lovers.
- Bramhashram- This pious cave is located near the Nandi Hill. According to various religious records, this cool cave used to be the meditating place for Ramkrishna Paramhansha Dev.
- Tippu summer Residence- This beautiful palace is situated on the Nandi Hill. This beautiful place is known as the birthplace of brave heart ruler Tipu sultan. Now this site is not open for public
- Tippu Drop- This is a historical landmark, which is located on Nandi Hill. According to historians, from here Tipu Sultan made his prisoners to fall.
Shopping in Chikballapur
Craft buying- Here you may not get the enough collection of artifacts, but if you need to buy something for gifting your dear ones, then you may visit the local craft store to get a perfect art craft for buying.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.