A broken wheat variation of the traditional Semolina Upma, The Carrots and Green Peas add the necessary crunch along with the wealth of Vitamin A. Now get the solution to your queries e.g. how to make Broken Wheat Upma, how to cook Broken Wheat Upma, how to prepare Broken Wheat Upma, This is a healthy recipe for a complete vegetarian dish.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup broken Wheat (Dalia)
1 slit Green Chilli, chopped
1/4 cup green Peas
1/4 cup Carrot cubes
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds ( Rai / Sarson)
2 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
For The Garnish
tbsp chopped Coriander (Dhania)
- Clean and wash the broken Wheat thoroughly. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the Oil in a pressure cooker. Add the Mustard Seeds.
- When they crackle, add Green Chilli and Add the Green Peas, Carrots, broken Wheat and Salt and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Garnish with the Coriander and serve hot.