Bharatpur, the essence of ancient India
Places to explore
A brief introduction about the city
From the historical era, Bharatpur, the capital city of the Rajasthan State is identified as the hub of the brave heart Jats. That time this city used to be the Kingdom of the Jat rulers. The foundation of this city owes much to the Jat people. According to different historical reports, it is confirmed that the Jat ruler Surajmal established Bharatpur. For this influence of Jat, culture over this city makes it an important place in the Indian historical setting. Today while you visit this location, you will come across several Jat ruler created monuments and other historical places in it. Along with offering variations in the historical sites, Bharatpur is a place that is recognized for its unconditionally beautiful background. To enjoy these wonderful surroundings, every year travellers from local as well as international regions come here every year.
- Keoladeo Ghana National Park- This is bird sanctuary, which has the nesting of more than 350 species of birds. In previous period, this site used to be the duck hunting location of the Maharajas. Now this is a UNESCO world Heritage site in this city that consists of refuges winter birds from different countries. Among these birds, the Siberian Crane is the main attraction of this sanctuary.
- Lohahgarh Fort- This fort-cum- museum is a must-visited destination for the tourists. This gives an account of the ancient arms through its armoury section. The Hamam or the bathing place of the Jat kings is a marvel of this fort. Apart from the arms collections and hamam, you can also discover its wonderful paintings and architecture of ancient period.
- Shergarh Fort- This famous historical monument gives an idea about the ruling period of Jat kings. The sand stone build architecture of this fort makes it an attractive place to visit.
- Government Museum- This is museum is rated as the second oldest museum in India after Kolkata, which was built by following the IndoSaracen style of architecture. According to various records, it can be said that this is also one of the largest museum in South Asia. The wide collections of the Romanesque antique piece make this place more attractive to the travellers. Apart from this here, you can see the famous paintings of Raja Ravi Verma.
- Deeg palace- This Mughal period based palace can be called a pleasure palace in one word. The careful supervision of the palace and its surroundings by the State Government makes it a worth visiting place for the travellers. The white marble pavilion, array of fountains make this palace increased its essence of royal attitude.
- Bankebihari Temple- This is a religious site, which is considered as one of the holy place in Bharatpur city. By visiting here, you will come to see the relic of Lord Krishna and Radha.
- Ganga Temple- Ganga temple is located in the middle of the Bhratpur city, which is dedicated to Goddess Ganga. The architecture of this temple is one of the major attractions of this religious site that includes the influence of South Indian, Mughal and Raj put architecture. The carvings of the Hindu deities on the interior walls make this is temple as a wonderful example of work of art.
Shopping Art craft- While visiting Bhagalpur, you can buy some wonderful handmade artwork of the local people for gifting and home decoration purpose.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.