Barog, the city of largest mountain tunnel
Introduction about the Hill Station named Barog
Barog is an amazing hill station of the Solan district of Himachal Pradesh State. This b6000 ft above located beautiful city of Himachal Pradesh is known for its eye-catching surroundings. According to various evidences, it can be said that this city has coined its name from colonel Barog, who is an engineer by professions and known for creating tunnels for railway movement by digging up both sides of the mountain. Today when you travel this city will come across that famous tunnel created by Barog to make the communication easier for everyone. For having beautiful surroundings, this city attracts travelers across the world. This business of tourism is considered as the backbone of this city.
Interesting Sites in Barog
- Sholoni Devi Temple-This temple is loca6ed on the southern part of the Saloni district. This temple is dedicated to worship Goddess Sholoni Devi. According to local people, the name of this district has come from this temple.
- Grave of Barog-Barog was an outstanding engineer, who has created world’s longest tunnel in this city by digging up the both sides of the mountain. For this act, he faced numerous harassments from the British Government. For this harassments, Barog committed suicide. Now when you come to this city dedicated in the memory of Barog, will find his grave inside a beautifully decorated garden, to honor this talented engineer of Historical period.
- Choor Chandi peak- This beautiful peak is located 3,500m above the sea level. This considered as a major attraction of this city. The beautiful surrounding of Pine trees near this peak brings a different look to it. If you see this mountain peak in the moonlit night, then will confuse its appearance with the silver bangles. Apart from providing an unmarred look, this place is also popular as an interesting trekking spot for the rock climbers.
- Karol Tibba-Karol Tibba is a leading picnic spot located near this city. According to mythological texts, Pandavas, five brothers of Mahabharata, has taken shelter in this particular location. Apart from being a popular place for the nature lovers, this site offers a thrilling experience of trekking.
- Dolanji Bon Monastery- This pious site is located 5km away from Barog town. This monastery is also well known as the YungdrungBon Monastery. According to various evidences it can be said that this monastery was founded in 1969 by Lungtog Tenpai Nyima.
- Barog Camping Ground-This camping zone is a registered camping zone for the trekkers. In this zone, trekkers can ground their tents. Apart from offering a beautiful trekking facility, this pine tree surrounded site is famous for offering a stunning sight of the nearby Choor Chandi Peak and Sholan valley area. Apart from giving the tent grounding facilities to the trekkers, here you can enjoy other activities like bonfire and natural trail walking.
- Spencer Restaurant- This food court is known for offering a large number of cuisines. According to residential of this town, this food zone is a popular place from the British era. In this versatile food outlet, you will find different segments for Hindus, Muslims and Christians.
Shopping in Barog
Winter outfits- If you plan for a shopping in this city, then shop the handmade genuine woolen outfits. The collection of latest designs and color will force you to buy more than one.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.