Angamaly, the pious city of Kerala
About the city of Angamaly
Angamaly is a city which is located in Ernakulam district of Kerala. This town is considered among the fastest growing town in Kerala. According to experts, this city has now become the satellite centre of this city. For its growing base of the commercial area, this city is now transformed as the commercial capital of Kerala. According to historians, this city used to be the port city in South India. It is said that valuable spices, bamboo and other agricultural products used to supply to other countries, from this area. Based on various evidences of archaeological ruins, it can be said that this city is dated back to 409AD. The unique built of churches near this city reveal that they were built by following the Buddhist and Jains’ architectures.
Places of Interest in Angamaly
- Perumbavoor-This is considered as one of the holy cities among in the Ernakulam district. This site is known for its fast developing commercial background. This site is known as the main satellite centre of Cochin. Apart from watching the satellite background, the positioning of multifarious religious sites in this city will attract your eyes. Among these remarkable religious destinations, you can explore various Catholic and Orthodox churches, various shrines like Dhanwantari Temple, Alppara kavu temples and some noted mosques named Madeena masjid, Makka Masjid to present the essence of the same spiritual feelings of the different religious.
- St. Mary’s Church-This is recorded as the leading church in this city. According to experts, this church was built in 1800. This is one of the pious sites for the Christians, where you will notice the tombs of St. Athanasius Paulose Pynadathu, Mor Athanasius Paulose Kadavil and Mor Gregorios Geevarghese Vayaliparambil.
- Kodanad- This site is located 25 km away from the city Angamaly. This site is a noted place for its elephant training centre. This site has a beautiful zoo inside, which offers the facility if elephant riding.
- Mahagony Thottam- This site is located on the bank of Periyar River. This place is known for its beautiful surroundings. For most of the travelers, this place is an ideal picnic spot.
- Kallil temple- This ancient Jain temple is dated back to 9th century. This temple is situated on a vast land, by covering an area of 28acres from 26 km away from this city. To reach this rock cut temple, you need to cross 120 steps. After entering this temple, will discover the idol of Goddess Durga to be worshipped inside this holy place. Along with the idol of Goddess Durga, you will notice the beautiful carvings of the trinity Gods of Hindu religion, Bramha, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva, Alaong Padmavati Devi, Parshvanath and Mahavira.
- St. George’s Basilica-According to historical evidences, it can be said that this cathedral was built in 450AD. This religious site of Christians is considered as the biggest church in South India.
- Vamanamoothy Temple-This religious site is mainly popular for its amazing architecture. This temple is dedicated to praise Vamanamoorthy, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu. According to the archaeological experts, the architectural evidences and inscriptions say that this temple was built in between 10th to 13th century. This temple is famous for celebrating the renowned festival Onam.
Shopping in Angamaly
Religious buy- As this city is known for its growing industrial scenario, so you will get to buy different lifestyle products from here. However, to make your buy unique, you can try out the idols of deities from the local shops.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.