Alwar, the green city of Rajasthan
Introduction of the city of Alwar
Alwar is an ancient city that is also known as the green city of Rajasthan. According to historians, this city used to be the capital city of Rajasthan, during the ruling era of British. That time Alwar used to spell as Ulwar. Based on various historical evidences, it can be said that this city was founded by Pratap Singh. Apart from its lush green landscapes, this site offers to view different historical monuments. Royal forts and palaces are the major attractions of this city.
Places of Interest to explore in Alwar
- City Palace- this beautiful palace was built in 1793 A.D. According to experts, this historical palace was built by following the architectural effect of the Mughal and Rajput architecture. After entering this beautiful palace, you will find an astounding view of the marble pavilions that are based with beautiful Lotus flower. Inside this palace, you will find the precious collections of artworks, paintings, personal belongings of Royal family members, emerald patterned drinking cups.
- Bala Quila-This fort is also famous as the Young fort or Alwar Fort. This fort is situated 595 m from the city which you can be viewed from the central part of the city. The specialty of the architecture of Bala Quila is that, it is constructed with 15 towers of large size and 51 small sized towers. Inside this fort, you will find 446 holes for firing .Inside this beautiful palace; you will find the gleaming masonry works. Inside this historical palace, you will find some more important structures.
- Siliserh Lake-This beautiful lake is located on the backside of the Siliserh palace. This lake covers an area of 7km.This tarn is known for housing various migratory birds. From this lake, an amazing view of the Aravalli Range could be seen.
- Siliserh palace-This attractive Palace turned Heritage hotel was built by Maharaja Vinay Singh in 1845A.D.Beautiful construction of this palace by using precious marbles, make this site into an architectural wonder of Alwar city.
- Vinay Vilas Palace- This palace is also known as the Garden Palace. , which used to be the residing place of its founder maharaja Vinay Singh. The architecture of this palace is steeped with the outstanding design of the Rajasthani and Mughal architecture. Nearby this palace, you will find a beautiful garden, which is watered by the Siliserh Lake. Among other rooms of this palace, the Durbar hall is one of the most attractive rooms. Inside the rooms of this palace, you will come across the marvelous collections of fresco works.
- Moosi Maharani ki Chattri-This pillared sandstone made tomb was constructed by maharaja Vinay Singh, to honor the memory of his loving consort Rani Moosi. The cenotaph of this elephant structured tomb is admired for its Indo Islamic architecture. The paintings and other art works on the ceilings of this fort will attract your eyes. Along with its radiant architecture, the green surroundings of this lake, is something to look for while traveling this tomb.
- Government Museum- This museum used to be a palace in former time. Now, this beautiful palace turned museum is noted for having large collections of the archaeological dig ups, paintings and other historical art crafts of this expanse.
Things to buy in Alwar
Jewellery Buying- While planning to buy a souvenir from this city of Rajasthan, checks out the unique silver jewelleries. Apart from this, you can buy some beautiful lac bangles and mojris, which are the special creation of Rajasthan.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.