Aligarh, a city of multi culture
An overview of the city
Aligarh is a north Indian city, which is located in the north Indian state Uttar Pradesh. As per the administrative record, this city is considered as the largest city of this state. From a long time Aligarh is recognized for its Muslim University .Prior to 18th century AD, this city used to be popularly named as Kol or Koli. According to various historical evidences, it can be pointed out that this historical city of art and education was established by the Dor Rajput in 372 AD. That time this city used to be covered by dense forests.
The Aligarh fort movement is one of the remarkable incidents of this city that placed Aligarh in the history of India and transformed this city into a remarkable place of art, culture and education. Apart from the influence of Muslim religion on different places of this city, this city used to be the seat of Buddhists in ancient times. This presence of multi culture and multi religion has enriched this city and its lifestyle in different ways. Apart from its historical importance, it plays an essential role in the financial background of Uttar Pradesh. Now it becomes the commercial city of this North Indian state.
- Aligarh Fort- This is one of the most important historical sites in Aligarh which was built in 1525. This fort is also popular as the Dor Rajput’s fort, Aligarh Quila, Ramgarh Quila. This fort located in the heart of the city. The popular polygonal architecture based fort is now in a ruined condition. The location is now called as the Upper Kot which is occupied by an 18th century mosque.
- Jama Masjid-This Mughal architecture inspired mosque was built in 1727 by the then ruler Sabit Khan. Thismasjid also known as Sir Syed Masjid to the local people which are located near the Aligarh University campus. The tomb of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan is the attraction of this Masjid. This mosque is considered as the foremost worship place for the Muslims.
- Moulana Azad library-This library of Aligarh also known as Lytton library. The wide collections of 1.15 million books make this library as one of the prevalent library in India. The compilation of books in the Oriental books’ division makes it an interesting spot for the book lovers. Here you will find books on different languages like Persian, Sanskrit, and Urdu Arabic. Inside this library you will notice the exceptional collections of the Mughalmanuscript, Sanskrit transcripts and remarkable historical articles. For its rare collections, it can be described as the fountain of knowledge in this city.
- Khereshwar Temple-This temple of Lord Shiva is placed in Tajpur Rasulpur Village which is 5km away from Aligarh. Alongside watching the Shivlingam, the collections of other Hindu deities in Brass metal and the ceiling of metallic mural finishing makes this place a must to see place for the vacationers. The surrounding area is another attraction of this temple.
- Sir Syed Academy Museum- This is a popular art gallery located in this city. This site is positioned next to the Aligarh Muslim university campus. The collections of art and ancient writings by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan and other notable people are the main attraction of this museumcum art gallery.
Locks- Aligarh is famous for its lock making industry. You can get here wide collections of different types of lock. If you like you can purchase any lock from the nearby market.
Traditional Clothes- If you are in search of Indian traditional cloth with high fabrics, and then check out Amir Nisha Market to get your preferred cloth.
Planning to go this place via Indian Rail?
Visit www.indianrail.gov.in. / for knowing specific trains going to this place. You may book your train tickets at www.irctc.co.in/
Planning to go this place via Bus?
Do you think, something more is to be added in the above information?
Or, you want to just share some sweet or sour experiences about this place?
Just click here for the same.
The whole AstroDevam team will be thankful to you.
We will try to implement your suggestions, in the best possible manner.
Your experiences will be published on this prestigious website, under your name.
Furthermore, Interesting suggestions and experiences will be rewarded by https://astrodevam.com/
So what are you waiting for?
Note: above information has been provided by https://astrodevam.com/, as a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) endeavor.